Multiple Sclerosis Community
SHIVERING

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

SHIVERING

Has any one got any idea to my question.

The other night I felt cold,I got my night clothes on and shivered a little then I got into bed and shivered uncontrollably for about 2 hours my body felt warm,I have never had the flu so I cant compare.

This happened once before but not as bad.

The next morning my body ached because the shivering tenses the body.

I had my MRI on the 11th Sept as of yet no news.  
You didn't feel cold, but your body was shivering?  That's a weird one.  I've had convulsive shudders before, but only one at a time.  I've also been cold for no apparent reason - I'll be bundled up in a blanket, and my honey is warm as toast.
i just have variations a lot, not for so long a time but i get chills and will put someting over or on me and after awhile i get way too warm and take it of and sometimes turn on the heater.  Almost like hot flashes.

hugs, meg
As you can see this post is being done at 530 I am having terrible trouble sleeping I go weeks sleeping well then I have these night were I can not sleep just another problem oh hum.

What are convulsive shudders?

I will try to explain in more detail so i shivered then stopped for a second then shivered and stopped and so it went on for the next two hours.
What is the difference between shivering and shudders.

I kept saying to my husband something is happening to my body it feels like im going into shock.

I mentioned I had this sometime ago but not as bad and that time I had not had a drink.

This time I had been out for a meal  during my meal I had three pints of water then we went to the pub and I had a few drinks.

Has this shred any more light.

Thanks for your replies I am really worried it happens again it was not nice.
I just remembered!

I was lying down to go to sleep last night and I thought about your post!  It was weird.

Suddenly it pooped into my head that there is a type of tremor, an 'at rest' tremor that people get when they lie down.  It seems to me that it would happen all the time, and not just for two hours ONE night, but .... hey -- I was thinking about you last night.

I'll try to look it up on WE MOVE.  See what I can find out.  Don't you wish I'd have looked it up FIRST and then posted?

Feel well!

Zilla*
Rrrrrrrrr thank you how nice that some one was thinking about me im touched.

When I look up things it just frustrates me because its to complicated for my little brain.

I have not looked this one up may be I should but if you find anything great.
A shiver happens because a cold chill runs up your back.  A shudder happens because your body decides to shake on its on.  

During periods of great stress or fatigue, I'll get one shudder at a time - not two hours worth!  
Sorry I dont want this to turn into a for god sake moment but I was watching tv a little while a go and felt a little cold so I went to get my dressing gown and started to shiver It was the upper body shivered or was tensing it felt the same as I appearance d the other night this is confussing I dont know if im cold or my something is happening to me.

I need to get this right as I dont really know what to say to the dr.

Is my body temperature dropping and brings this on if so why is the temp dropping or is it that I am cold or something else.

Im so confused or shall I just shut up and hope it passes.    
Oh and to add to it Im having very strange feelings round my rib cage my head and do I dare say it all round the top of my legs one more than the other and over my private area.

The only way I can describe it its like a warm wave that stops on an area and gently squeezes it almost feels that if it did not move on it would go numb.  
I wonder if you're having tonic spasms... definitely mention this to your neuro!
I have not herd that one I did look it up ummm dont know its a strange one thats the story of my life.

When I get to see my miserable neuro next i will mention it to him although i feel any thing I say he wouldn't care, but Im always ready to give someone a second chance so we will see.

Hi Terrie,

Are you on any MS medication to include Rebif. For 6 months I experienced the same symptons after starting Rebif. Hopefully this is something simple and does not continue for you. God Bless

Mike
At this time I have only been diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica:which I am on steroids for.

I am waiting for results from MRI to rule out MS because of the other symptoms Im having but since seeing the neruo all these other thing have crept in.

Oh gosh if I have to go on those I might have to go through all that sorry which one have you been experiencing the shivers or the weird feeling.