Multiple Sclerosis Community
SOAKED FEET AND FEET WENT NUMB

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

SOAKED FEET AND FEET WENT NUMB

I SOAKED MY FEET TODAY IN REALLY WARM TO HOT WATER AND AS I WAS SITTING THERE MY FEET WENT NUMB. IT HAS BEEN 1 HOUR NOW AND THEY ARE STILL NUMB. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? WILL IT COME BACK?

HELP?
sounds like you might-should relly watch the heat!!!  hot showers, sun any thing that might get your body temp.  to hot is giving you problems!!!  can you walk?  unknowen if and when it will go away.

I would go to the Dr...  so its on your medical record!
I can no longer take a hot bath or shower as it will cause some of my symptoms to temporarily flare. I still cheat once in a while with a hot shower but I know it is too much when my foot starts to go numb. I have had it last up to a couple of hours but usually once I cool down it is fine again.

How is it now for you? Any change?

Moki
You kids are all alike!!!!  We tell you not to put beans in your ears and you all have to go right out and try it!!!  LOL, I can't believe it!  So you had to go and try some heat on your feet.  And WHAT HAPPENED?  Ah, they went numb?

STOP DOING THAT!

In the context of MS, the heat can cause complete block of the conducted verve signal and loss of feeling in the nerves with demyelination.  The feeling should return within a couple of hours of cooling off.

Reminds of the note on the blackboard:

KIDS!

Don't make me come down there!

God

grinning, Quix
I laughed so hard the beans popped out of my ears!

Kathy
CD,

I GET THE SAME FEELING IN MY FEET AND HANDS.

WHEN I PUT MY HANDS IN HOT DISH WATER THEY GO NUMB EVERY TIME.

SORRY QUIX, GOTTA DO THE DISHES IN HOT WATER.

ITS ENOUGH TO DRIVE YA NUTS.

HANG IN THERE,THE SYMPTOMS ARE ONLY TEMPORARY,BUT IT DOES MAKE WALKING A BIT DIFFICULT FOR A WHILE.

T-LYNN
YOU'RE HANDWASHING THE DISHES???? ISN'T THAT WHY WE BOUGHT YOU CHILDREN??

Q
sorry guys i'm just laffing my head off reading this thread, I go numb with hot water as well, but i also hate freezing cold because can hardly move, so putting feet in tepid water does the trick,  CJ :)
QUIX,

I ONLY HAVE 2 LEFT AT HOME,CURRENTLY MY SON IS STAYING WITH HIS SISTER UNTIL THE HOUSE IS FINISHED.HE STAYS WITH ME ON THE WEEKENDS.

THE APARTMENT IS REALLY SMALL.

MY 13 YEAR OLD HELPS SHARE DISHES WHEN SHE'S NOT OUT WITH FRIENDS.

I WILL HAVE A DISH WASHER SOON.

MY DOGS ARE ALL TO WILLING(LOL) BUT THATS A LITTLE DISGUSTING

AND THE DARN MAID WON'T GET OUT OF THE CLOSET,SHE'S WITH THE BUTLER --HE-HE-HE-HE.

T-LYNN
Gawsh,

you guys crack me up..... beans are dribbling out my ears I'm laughing so hard and my dogs are cleaning my plates.

They''re very efficient and leave them spotless, it  just takes a while cause their tongues are a little small...

S
If you're not happy with the job the dogs are doing on your plates, try a kitty.  The stratchy-tongue cycle does wonders for that baked-on grime.

Holly