Multiple Sclerosis Community
Semi-OT Aneurysm update

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Semi-OT Aneurysm update

I had an appt with a neurosurgeon Monday.  He would like for me to have a cerebral angiogram so he can see a better picture of my 5mm aneurysm that was on the MRA taken by my neurologist.  Then he will help me decide whether it should be watched or treated, if so how, and whether it could be the cause of my eye pain.

The neuro-ophth sticks by her dx of TN and doesn't think the aneurysm is related since it isn't where it could touch the trigeminal nerve branches in the cavernous sinus.  Neurosurgeon says "it can't be TN if it isn't stabbing pain" and the location of the aneurysm puts it against the optic nerve itself.  (Atypical TN doesn't have stabbing pain, but I don't really care what it's called.)

So, next Friday 04/06, I'll be spending the day in the hospital being exposed to more radiation than I would like.  I really hope it gives me some answers.
I had an angiogram back in the 80's, its not bad, a little uncomfortable but they give you "I don't give a d*** medicine" to keep you calm.  For me it "stung" but I've super sensitive history.........they've probably come out of the dark ages since then!  My dad had one before he died and said it was "nothing"
I'm glad the neurosurgeon is getting a looksee at this - super important than just assuming it's the TN.

Wishing you a good day next week and some relief in knowing.