Multiple Sclerosis Community
Severe pain, could this be MS.

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Severe pain, could this be MS.

I have had an MRI done in December with results of lesions  on C2, T5, T8. Lipid poor hemangioma C5,T2,T8. Had lumbar puncture no "O" bands. eMG abnormal but DR didn't specify abnormality. No brain lesions. Had MRI last week now Minimum disc disiccation at C2-C3 through C5-C6. Hyper intense T2, hypointense T1 signal involving entire C5 vertebral body with associated heterogeneous enhancement. Smaller focus of hyperintense T2 signal within T2 body noted. Marrow signal within C5 and T2 bodies most compatible with intraosseous hemangiomas. Any advice to what this is meaning? What I took from it was its all hemangiomas, and from the research I have read most Dr. Like to state they do not cause symptoms! My symptoms have started stacking up! The pain is far worse along with fatigue,numbness, weakness, decreasing motor skills and frequent urination!! Please any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
EMGs aren't a test that gives direct information on conditions like MS, by which I mean conditions of the central nervous system. They are more about finding peripheral nerve/muscular issues. Your spinal MRI findings and EMG results seem to point away from MS. We're just patients here, however. Have you had the opportunity to discuss your results and concerns with your doctor?
Yes I just spoke with doctors nurse she said so far th cervical spine MRI is normal. Ugh! If it's normal how come I'm in so much pain?
The pain sound rough. Have you tried a pain clinic? IMy neurologist sent me to one and it has been great for me. I have several conditions including MS. They focus on the cause of the pain not the diagnosis. I thought I had to wait until I was diagnosed to deal with symptoms. Now I tell people if you can treat symptoms do it for yourself.

Alex
Thanks so much, yes they have given me several a types of pain medications but it doesn't work. Grant it does take the edge off the first couple of days but then the mess cease to work entirely. What types of conditions are you dealing with if you don't mind me asking? I would like to know of someone that is dealing or has dealt with some or all of the issues I'm having. I am just so tired of fighting whatever this is and feel that no one is trying to answer the issues. I really just want my life back ugh. I know it sounds kind of silly but I used to be so active and on the go and now it just seems like a battle to get up and out of bed.
Bambi, you don't show cord abnormalities, just the hemangiomas in the vertebral bodies.  I have a number of those as well, and I did some reading -- if they are large enough they can cause neurological type symptoms.  Here's a case study of hemangiomas causing this kind of thing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15363434

Have you seen your mris?  Are the hemangiomas causing compression of the spinal cord?  Your neurologist should be able to comment on that.

Best wishes as you get this sorted out!
Aspentoo,

Thanks, yes I have seen my MRI the entire body of C5 is showing enhancement. I have seen the same thing regarding hemangioma and symptoms. I really couldn't tell you about compression. I do see where the results stated that the height was preserved and there were no bulges or protrusions.