Shaky jaw muscles!
What's this? My muscles that control my face/jaw/speech are funky! So, when I had my flare two weeks ago I noticed that when I would speak every once in a while my jaw would wobble or jerk while I was speaking. I ALSO realized that it was  a lot worse when I was singing.

Today, I was in front of our church with the worship band, and when I started to sing my jaw just flipped out!

So, have you ever had the chills and your jaw shook really bad and your teeth clattered? Now imagine trying to sing while that is going on. Yup, you are getting the picture!! The wider i tried to open my mouth the more my jaw would spasm/jerk/ wobble, but if I just closed my mouth it stopped completely. I only had the jerking jaw muscles if I tried to sing or speak for very long. And yes, it's still doing it so I don't think it's a seizure or anything weird like that.

So, what is this? Is it neurological too? HAS ANYONE ever heard of this? Is it associated with ANYTHING? Quix, you do know?

ok, so i really hope that no one else has this, 'cuase it ain't any fun!
~Sunnytoday~
what if i can't sing anymore?
I'm sorry for what you're going through.  It really ain't fun!

When I started into Limbo Land, it was because of acute onset tremors in my head, hands and then my trunk.  

My face, especially my mouth, tongue, lips, etc, shook and chattered. My head wobbled or shook.  I bit the end of my tongue one night, ouch.  I don't sing, but I used to, so I can imagine how that feels.  My tongue and teeth still jitter when my mouth is closed, just not as noticably.

My tremors have come and gone.  I don't know it this bit of my story helps any, but I wanted you to know that I've gone through a similar experience and don't like it anymore than you do.  

I hope yours just clears up and you can go back to singing your heart out!

Kathy
Thanks....
Mine only starts up when I try to use the the jaw to speech or sing (singing is worse).

I'm very thankful that it's not in all the places that yours was- and i'm VERY glad that yours has "come and gone", as these sorts of things are fun at all.

Have a blessed afternoon!

~Sunnytoday~
I've had a little bit of the shaky jaw thing, as well as a fair degree of spasticity.  When a muscle shakes as you try to use it, it's known as an intention tremor, and I think your symptoms indicate something like that is going on.

Tremor is unfortunately hard to treat, but like many other symptoms, there's a chance it will remit completely.  My shaky hands have stopped shaking, unless I'm really feeling bad.