Multiple Sclerosis Community
Should I fax my new neuro?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Should I fax my new neuro?

I called OHSU, and they said she reviewed my records, accepted me as a "possible seizures" patient, and as soon as they check my insurance (a couple of days!), they will call me to schedule.

Would I be throwing a wrench in the works if I faxed her my timeline and what I lost due to health issues, or would it give her advance information about the big picture?  

I have a fax all ready, but I don't want to blow my chances.  I hadn't heard from them, so I was going to add my two cents, but then I talked to someone in scheduling.

Decisions, decisions.  Should I just wait and see?

Kathy
I should never post before thinking things through.

Heck, if I'm accepted, I'm in, no matter what the reason.  I can take the timeline and such with me.

I don't want to look pushy or desparate, so I've answered my own question; I'm not sending the fax.

One fax to a doctor is enough today!

Thanks for letting me think "out loud".

Kathy
Hi Kathy,
    I would just wait it out and go in as a seizure patient.  When she sees you, she can decide.  

I would also go off the med.  However, you might want to call the PCP and tell the person on the phone to let the doctor know that the side effects were very bad and you are going off the med.  If you were on the beta blocker for high blood pressure, then I would not have the same advice.  But if it is for tremors and you feel worse, then just call the office and give notice.

Elaine
I sent my PCP a fax today; I posted it in my journal.  I didn't want any second hand account passed through a medical assistant; I wanted to be perfectly clear.

I stopped the med yesterday; wish more of my symptoms were clearing up.

My blood pressure was 102/68 last appt.(before the new med), so my heart's probably glad to be rid of the beta blocker!

I agree that I should go in as a seizure patient.  I'll put the fax in the "never mind" file, aka "recycle".

Kathy