Multiple Sclerosis Community
Shoulder Pain

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Shoulder Pain

Is anyone besides Mokibear and I suffering with shoulder pain?

It is absolutely miserable, my right shoulder joint hurts more than the left.

In the morning, when I am first waking, if I forget and reach to stretch, the pain is unbearable!

It runs down my arm, all the way to my wrists and fingers. Making it very hard to type.

My Neuro ordered the PET Scan; it showed a large amount of demineralization, so then he ordered the Radio-nucleotide Bone Scan; saw him last week, and it was unremarkable; no foci of abnormal activity throughout the bony structures. Bony skeleton appears intact and unremarkable. background soft tissue, renal, and urinary bladder activity is normal as well.

I know that osteoporosis causes demineralization, and I do ave it in my hips, and left forearm, but it does not cause pain. At least they say it doesn't until you have a fracture.

I am beginning to wonder if SLE is developing. My ANA is always elevated with a homogeneous pattern.

Sheila
Hey, friend!  Yes, this happens to me often.  When it first started I thought it might be arthritis, but now I just lump it in with all the other crazy pain I have.  

Hadn't thought about osteoporosis, but if it doesn't cause pain then that could probably be ruled out, huh?

Have had the same in my hips, both elbows, too.  Pain will be with me for weeks then go away to come back other times.  Been happening for a few years now.

When your hips hurt, do they give out on you?  When mine are in pain, they will just quit working and I will almost fall, happens everytime when the pain is present.

Hope you can get your dr to find what is causing this.  Have a great Sunday!!

Love & Hugs
doni
Hey, girlfriend!

It really hasn't gone away at all since it began. My pain meds don't touch it.

I'm just a bundle of raw nerves anymore.

No,my hips don't give out on me, but oh, sometimes they do hurt!

Hate to say it, but think my doctors don't have a clue.

Love & Hugs,
Sheila
My right shoulder is always painful and left arm down to fingers often painful - my neuro told me that he was sure that a lesion I have on my spinal cord is the cause of the left arm pain - no explanation given for the right shoulder, and that is the more consistent pain.  Lately my left hand has really been hurting quite a bit - I am dx'd with RRMS and on copaxone just one month so far.  I also have extreme hip/back pain during my menses - as if my bones don't fit right - my gyn explained it as beign caused by prostaglandins, but I am not sure what that means and wonder if somehow MS causes those to be overactive or something.

In summary - should pain yes!!  and I feel for you -

Jennie
That sounds exactly as my shoulder and arm feel, yet, my Neuro seems to feel it is not neurological.

My back has hurt, non-stop, horrendously for close to 3 years now, with no one agreeing on a diagnosis.

Planning to move near our son, and hope to find more knowledgeable doctors.

Thank you, Hon, I feel for you, too

Sheila