Skype Support Group?
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to find some people that would be interested in skyping with each other as a kind of a virtual support group.

It would be a simple... maybe once or twice a week skype one on one to give each other support.

My mom has MS and I really see this being something positive for her. If you are interested, please email me at ***@****

If there is enough interest, I'll create a private list so more people can benefit.

Thanks so much,
Navid
I guess message me instead since they don't allow you to post your email address directly.
Hi Navid,

Would you like to take some time here and tell us a bit about your mom, her MS, and anything else that might help us to put a face to your request?  

You're  the first person in my 3 years here who has suggested Skype.  The problem with doing this is it eliminates everyone else from the conversation.  By holding our talks here in the public forum, everyone benefits from the shared experiences.

I do like skype and use it to talk to my granddaughters. I can see it being beneficial - many people here develop a more personal relationship and do talk by telephone.  Skyping would just be an extension of that form of communication.

best, Lulu
Is there any way to do conference calls on skype? I've never tried to connect with more than one person at a time.
Yes, there is, but I don't know how it's done, so I looked it up on the Internet.  It says you can conference call up to 25 people.  When I did it, there were only 3, but it worked.  

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/support/user-guides/conference-calling/

I would definitely be interested in being part of a skype support group!  Let me know the details!
Hello, I wouldn't mind being part of a support network or a few people I could call upon on my bad (or less mobile) days where I have to stay in and where I feel rather isolated and just a bit of conversation and human contact might help.
Thanks.
Gosh, with the support groups on Facebook and this absolutely wonderful group, it wouldn't interest me.  I am not a Skype fan at all but that's just me