Solu-Medrol
I am new and would love to be involved in your community as I have been diagnosed with MS in the last 3 months and have so much to learn.
I have just had 2 days of intravenous Solu-Medrol and went to be given the third when I was informed that my body was reacting to the steroids and could not continue. I am swelling all over, it's uncomfortable and not very pleasant!!
Has anyone else had this problem and once the swelling goes down are they likely to continue with the treatment?
It gets frustrating asking questions to the Dr and nurses and the normal response is that everyone is different and we don't know what will happen to you. I am guessing that you take 1 day at a time and hope for the best!!
Welcome to the communtiy. I am sorry that you are here (because of MS of course...)

I hate Solu-Medrol. Both times I've had it now I have gained 15 pounds (which came off both times), have not been able to sleep, I taste nothing but metal, and so on. I have never had what you are describing though. Is there a plan to put you on a Prednisone taper after by chance? Maybe that could help...

I hear you on the whole "it's different for everybody" response. I have heard it way too many times. I wish that some things were more concrete. Unfortunately, MS really is different for everybody. I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, I promise.  :)

I hope that your doctor figures out what works for you in your current state and that you find the answers that you are looking for.

Best,

Tom
Sorry steroids are different with everyone and no one knows how you will react. They do not alter the course of the MS in anyway. They do reduce inflammation however. I have to take them for my cancer. It is unpleasant but the chemo is much more unpleasant so I choose to take them. I guess you have decide for yourself with your doctor. Some people have rebound where the symptoms are worse after getting off. I have never done steroids for my MS.

Alex
I am sorry to hear about your reaction to solu-medrol.  I too am a newly diagnosed ms friend.  I recently was hospitalized for my ms and took the 3 day course as well.  The only reaction I had was an increase in my blood glucose which caused me to have to have insulin shots.  I have heard so many different side effects that I would say yours is not uncommon.  Keep your chin up, and be glad for every sunrise you see.