Multiple Sclerosis Community
Solumedrol IV Infusion

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Solumedrol IV Infusion

I am having my first of three solumedrol infusions today and it's been a while. Does anyone how long it takes for the steroids to level off in your system and how long they stay there?

Miracle
I had the steroids for 5 days.  That next week was awful.  I was tired all the time, emotionless, and my face started breaking out bad.

That was in the middle of February, and my face is still breaking out.  I've had my hormones tested and all were normal.  Idk, maybe it's from all the meds I'm on.

Sorry I don't have a specific answer, but I'd guess about 2 weeks.

Laura
I'm not entirely understanding what you're asking, but I'll give it a stab since no one else has chimed in ...

My experiences with solumedrol, also three days (on each of two separate relapses), were both very positive. The most intense effects were gone by the time I started the prednisone taper, I suspect that is what you mean by "leveled off." I believe the drugs are out of your system within a couple of days.
Oops, Laura "Needhelp16" chimed in while I was typing ... thanks for your input!