Multiple Sclerosis Community
Sore hips

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Sore hips

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if sore, aching hips are a sympton of ms?

My hips have been hurting to walk for a few weeks now, and even hurt to lie on in bed, and even hurt if I touch the hip area with my finger.........

Melissa
Hi Mellisa
I know how you feel i have really bad hip pain myself at times and it is pure agony ,i am in limbo so cant really tell you much. So i am bumping your question so that some of the wonderful people on this site can tell you more as they have great knowledge between them. Good luck and i hope you get some relief from your suffering really soon. Take care.
Best Wishes
Julie
If you google hip pain and MS, you will come up with a site called brighthub - that is where I found this description of pain - and there is much more you might want to read.

"Multiple sclerosis can cause two major types of pain in the hips and legs. The musculoskeletal pain can affect the entire body, but the hips and legs seem to be affected most often. Chronic neurogenic pain is the most common type of pain in multiple sclerosis patients and typically occurs in the legs."

It is especially important that we exercise those hip muscles regularly to keep them moving .

feel better,
Lulu
I get hip pain out of nowhere...it seems to come on both sides of pelvis.  Thought it was bad posture at the computer. lol It's a grin and bear it pain that not much helps sometimes and anti inflammatory.
My hip pain was dx as hip flexor weakness by my physical therapist. Exercises to strengten and stretch have helped tremendously. It could also be hip bursitis. Had that previously as well , befroie the MS dx. Now, the PT said the bursitis was probably related to the flexor weakness and altered gait due to weak leg muscles.

Ren
I am undx but the hip and leg pain I have is awful.  I saw my GP yesterday.  It was my number one complaint.  

He took his fists and pressed in on my hips, he had tried several other ways but nothing hurt, when he did this I started say...ok that is it...that it ...it hurts.  i just wanted him to stop.

I came home with an increase in my zanaflex and a Rx for darvocet.  He knows I am careful with my meds.  he said to try the darvocet first and if that worked not to increase the zanaflex.  

Today I took half a darvocet with my morning meds.  I think I thought I was suprewoman because I worked all day in my house.

Ten minutes before I came to this site I told my honey I had been really stupid and the pain in my hips and legs was so bad I was going to cry....no kidding I said I am ready to cry.

I took another half of a darvocet.  if it don't work I will take the other half.  AS I said I was really stupid I meant it.  I will pay a price but the house looks good.

terry