Stem Cell Therapy
Does anyone know of or have you had or considered going to Mexico for stem cell therapy? jdarie
I've not even heard of it being recommended for MS however I wouldn't go as far as next door for stem therapy treatment of anything.

Mary
The place to go for stem cell therapy is not Mexico, but Singapore, which has established a top-notch hospital and research facility with physicians from every nation on the planet.
We've talked about this a few times.  Adult stem cell therapy MAY hold some answers down the road, but for now the research is still evolving.

If you google the topic you will find options in Mexico, Europe and even China for stem cell therapy.  There are a few bloggers who regularly post about their ongoing journey but keep in mind you can't verify who these people are or if what they are saying is tyhe truth.

I still think stem cells are going to help in this MySterious puzzle, but we're not there, yet  Stay in touch and let us know  if you look into this further.

be well, Lulu
I know someone who had the stem cells extracted in Israel, and then had to go to Greece to inject them. I don't know anything about any lasting changes.
It will not correct any past or existing damage and you have to suppress the immune system. They could do it at Duke bit the MS Specialists have not found a good candidate yet. Someone who does not respond to the DMDs but is in perfect shape. Going out of country is fine, You just have no clue what the standards are for HEpC or AIDS.

Alex
I think they treat groups for research in Chicago:

http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2009/01/burtms.html

This particular procedure includes chemotherapy to destroy the immune system
Your reply  helped my curiousity! Jdarie
Interesting. It sounds like it isn't something I would do, from some of the other comments, thanks to evyone form adding to this line of thought! jdarie