Steroids and intestional issues
Hi all - Curious if anyone has experienced problems with erratic bms while taking IVSM and prednisone? Finished my 5 day IV and now on day 3 of prednisone taper. The first 3 days I couldn't go at all now I'm going 3-4 times a day.

Unfortunately this is causing my nether-regions a bit of discomfort and anxiety on my part not knowing which potty break will be a controlled action or surprise attack!!

This round of treatment I'm not really that hungry, just eating to take my meds and drinking lots of water. Been extremely thirsty though.

Any tips or suggestions on what I can maybe take or do to get this corrected.

Thanks - Monique
Well, yes.  I just completed a 3 day treatment.  The constipation tends to come because you body is holding on to every ounce of fluid it can.  The ans you begin to get some releif fdrom the sweling, it all has to go somewhere.  I had the same problem.  

I find that calcium helps, and the solumedrol depletes your cacium supplies anyway.  And, drinking lots of water, although counterintuitive, appears to help.  Usually within 5 days after, I am back to normal.  

Best to you!
Ann
I find that my steroid (5 days every month) makes me more hungry.  We have to remember we have to keep the fiber up, perhaps more than others with no problems!