Stiff legs from sitting too much?
I've just returned from a road trip to Montana to meet my new nephew (6 months and adorable). It's a couple of 12-hour days each way.

Sitting in the car so much seems to have made my legs stiffer and my feet also tighter and number. Does this happen to anyone else? I know I'm often stiffest when I first stand up after sitting for a while. And does it go away after you get back into your normal routine?

I'm not completely sure how much the increased stiffness has to do with the sitting because the band around the bottom of my ribs is tighter and my fingers are also a lot stiffer and I don't think they would be affected by sitting (unless they are missing their regular typing exercise--I'm certainly hitting a lot of wrong keys here).

sho
Yeah, when I sit down for more than two hours, it takes a while to get my legs going again.
When we go to the lake which is about 2 hours away...it can take up to 45 minutes before I can walk half normally and even then it is painful...and the fingers are hard to get going in the morning or if I don't use them but I have been told that is because of osteo in my hands.

Rena
Thanks, guys! This forum is so nice for not feeling like I'm the only one with these weird problems.

I'm starting to think my recent worsening isn't mainly caused by all the sitting (or it isn't going away very quickly). I had a horrible time walking to work today.

Later, I actually sort of unexpectedly collapsed a couple times. I've fallen before unexpectedly, but always with some sort of external cause or stupidity on my part (uneven sidewalks, going down stairs with things in both hands so I can't grab something when I get off balance). And I've "collapsed" before where it's like my legs just won't hold me up any more, but not without a little bit of warning and a minute or two to wobble to a safe place to fall down.

Depressing, but there it is.

sho