Multiple Sclerosis Community
Stiff legs
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stiff legs

I've been having a bad week with various symtoms (symptoms), mostly in my legs.  Over the last two days they have really stiffened up.  My husband says I'm stomping like Frankenstein.  It doesn't hurt.  They're strained as though you just worked out.  I keep getting these litttle spasms on the front thighs, small area of calf with quick spasms, and both legs are tingling.  My concern is that my walk has changed in two days.  I'm not dx and don't have a neuro assigned to me yet (i just changed insurance plans Thursday), will hopefully be seeing a new neuro Monday or sometime this week.  I'm concerned about how fast this has happened.  Is there some medication that would be given for this to slow it down?  Do I wait till Monday to see a Dr.   I'm guessing there is no medicine for this symptom only pysical therapy.  Is this right?

Anamaria
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
429700_tn?1308011423
There are so many diseases/problems that can cause this symptom.  Your doctor needs to find out what's causing this problem to give you the correct medicines.  If it's MS, there are medicines that will help with the stiffness/spasticity.  If it's fibromyalgia,  arthritis (like lupus, RA, etc.), or restless leg syndrome there are different treatments.  

I would probably wait until Monday--but you need to get yourself in to a doctor at the first available time.  

Keep us updated on what's happened . . .
Deb
Blank
Thanks.  I've been tested for a few things.  My MRI has lesions that show change within 6 months, some periventricular one is about 8 to 9 mm and I just picked up my LP results and I have 5 O-Bands atleast which says is supportive evidence for MS.  Unfortunately this all happened when I was in transition to change Ins. plans.  I would have been meeting with my old neuro on Monday if the change hadn't taken place.  So thats why I have yet to see a new neuro.  Do I make my situation worse by waiting and not being on some medication.  The Dr. who saw me on Friday and read my report said she would put a referral for a fast appt. - hoping it would be monday but she can not say for sure.  Anamaria
Blank
429700_tn?1308011423
If you don't have further problems, I would call the doctor first thing on Monday.  This is sounding like a relapse of MS to me.  

First, if you can't see your neuro on Monday, maybe she can advise you as to what to do.  I'd ask if you should go in to an urgent care center or ER or wait to see the other neuro.  If that doesn't work, and it looks like it may be a while to see your new doctor, I would find an urgent care center.  

Deb
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank