Multiple Sclerosis Community
Stomach Bloating

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Stomach Bloating

Has anyone on this site ever experienced stomach bloating ?  I just assumed it was attributable to MS.

The other annoying thing I have been dealing with is paresthesia mostly in groin area ... if you couple that with the lower back pressure/pain that I get from time to time, would suggest sacral nerves are affected perhaps?
I get both! Right now I'm having spasms in my stomach too. I swell up like I'm preggers & am really gassy (yea I know yuck) too. I have issues with bowels in general though, I either don't go or I'm going on myself. I have also had numbness & tingling as well as the electrical shocks in my groin. I'm not dx'd yet but hope to be soon & hoping treatment will help some of theses crazy sx. Best wishes & God bless!
I  get tremendous bloating in my GI tract - it passes eventually  :-)

each one of us have such different symptoms it is confusing to try to sort it out.

I'm sorry I am of no help.
Lulu
I have problems with my stomach bloating quite often, but don't know why?  Could be anything... let us know what you find out..OK

take care
wobbly
undx
I have had ridiculous bloating - with a waist that can measure 10 inches more than nornal for years. It started when I started with problems with gastric reflux and constipation too. For many years it was explained away as IBS although I don't have any other IBS sx.

Sometimes peppermint helps but not always, sometimes I am just so full of gas its not true - upper gut though not lower!!!

Come to think of it all this started the same year as my first bout of ON - curious. I too would like to see this discussion develop to see how many others suffer in this way.

Pat
Me too, sometimes I look several months pregnant, although I have weight "issues" my stomach is out of proportion.

Mand
Wow , what you all are describing sound like what I have going on . Mine has also been explained away as IBS. Another question....do any of you also have whats explained as spastic colon??
Me too. that and the serious constipation started after the CSF infection in 1986 while on active duty. For years it has been explained away as IBS, stress, more fiber, etc. i never quite bought into all that. spent a trillion dollars on all the IBS supplements out there. no changes. natural gas lines cannot compete with me.

the painful type bloat, it comes and goes. now that i have proof of an actual inflammatory disease, i cannot help but wonder if it in fact is the gremlin wtith the bloat. and with the spasms there that can stop you in your tracks and the shallow breathing that goes with it, it is gasoline to a fire in regards to kicking up the irritability factore.

glad someone brought this up. HEY VA GASTRO guy, are you reading this thread!!?? see, tis not just in me head! LOL LOL

Wow ... most hits on a post that I have ever got.  Stomach issues are def a symptom of MS ... see link.  My very first symptoms of MS were paresthesia and reflux.  I find that my bloating is worse at night in bed.  I take Prilosec everyday .... which helps with the reflux, but bloating still comes and goes.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/symptoms/bowel-dysfunction/index.aspx
I get it too, but have never brought it up. Just figured it was normal?