Multiple Sclerosis Community
Strange new symptom - hair that is not there

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I have a strange new thing happening which has been going on for several weeks now. It is not painful or disabling but mildly irritating.

I feel like a hair is tickling a part of my body. It usually happens in a finger or under toes or on the arm. There is no pattern to when it happens but it does happen at some point every day and lasts for several minutes. I try and brush it away but it remains for a few minutes then goes. There is no loose hair there.

There is no reason for me posting this other than a mild rant.  
I know that feelling well.  

I've had the hair feeling in my fingers too and also the feeling that a loose thread tickling the back of my ankle.  Very annoying, like you said, but thankfully not painful.

Don't you love parathesias.  

Julie
Hi Sarahsmom, I don't even know what it is whether it is a parathesia or whether it is anxiety related, its just damned annoying. Could it be anxiety?  I don't feel stressed but I am a stressy person if that makes sense.
the other day, I was telling my husband that if felt like a bug was crawling up my arm (and of course, there was no bug).  sometimes i get the "hair" feeling on my face, and YES, it's annoying.
Yep parasthesia.  It is too funny because I was so excited yesterday when there actually was a hair on my shirt rubbing my arm.  Usually it just feels like it, but there is not one.  I probably look ridiculous spinning in circles looking for a hair on the back on my shirt lol.

Sorry you are dealing with them too.
LOL Zacksmomi, did you feel like you had won the lottery? :-)
ah yes,  the hair touching my cheek or jaw---how I just love that one:-(

I scratch and brush the 'hair' off frequently.   I didn't realize it was parasthesia.  

sorry you are in the 'wandering hair' club

Red
I suppose there are worse clubs to be in. Can I stay in this one, its mild.