Multiple Sclerosis Community
Tecfidera update info

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Tecfidera update info

Talked with Tysabri caseworker this morning and gleamed some more info as follows;

You call them or Tysabri in my case and tell them you are interested, they then send a referral notice to your doctor and in about 2 weeks someone calks you from undetermined #, I asked to be notified or gave them leave a msg as u don't answer for numbers I don't know, and they will discuss your insurance info then, etc.

There does not appear to be any "wash out" period required to go from another DMD to Tecfidera which is good and if you don't like it  , no wash out to return to another one.

I downloaded and printed the form that the doctor fills out and you sign and there is a period of "quick dose" where they will send you free doses for a period of time until your insurance kicks in

There appears to be a titration period for strength of the drug also, the site is new and many of its selections are not working yet so I went to my caseworker (also Biogen)  and she had all the available information.  Also ms active source recently sent out a book detailing all the DMD drugs and the ones currently in trial, including a patch they are working on.  The new Tysabri numbers are there  and if possible to switch, this is one if my reasons to switch if affordable .  I am on enough meds to counteract GI issues to take care of any Tecfidera issues

Am letting my neuro know am interested, and see him on may 1st and will keep everyone posted, they are calling me in a couple weeks to go over my ins which is Medicare and Medigap n, so perhaps I can gleam some info for others which I will post !

Overlook my bad typing  am on the road today and my phone thinks its smarter than me!
I wish I could go on it but with my cancer I think it is a no go. Before the cancer I was waiting for it to come on the market. I am glad for everyone else. It is amazing there were no MS drugs when I first got MS. Then only injectables when I was finally diagnosed. Now look at all the new drugs on the market and in testing. It is wonderful. I love it that Teva could not keep this drug off the market.

Alex
I appreciate anyone who is switching to tecfidera keeping us updated. Thank you, Sarah!
thanks, Sarah. That is all great information .........