Multiple Sclerosis Community
Thinking of a Cruise Vacation???

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Thinking of a Cruise Vacation???

The following company is based in a town just outside of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I heard of them through a Registered Respiratory Therapist at my Lung Function Class on Tuesday.  This company can make many arrangements to assist people with disabilities that would otherwise not be viable and they have offices in several states in the U.S. including Florida.  If you required oxygen, a scooter, wheelchair or other types of assistance in order to comfortably take a cruise , they can provide it and will make all the arrangements for you.  The name of the Company is CareVacations and they can even arrange to pair up someone single with a roommate if necessary should the cost be prohibitive without sharing!

CareVacations Ltd. Is a company whose focus is maintained on assisting those that may require something extra in order to fully enjoy a cruise or land vacation in a safe and secure manor.

CareVacations Ltd. began operations 20 years ago in 1988 as a travel/tour company. Focus was almost immediately directed toward developing and hosting group vacations designed for ALL, including those with special requirements such as respiratory and/or mobility.  Over the next 7 years the escorted group program was a tremendous success and frequently had over 200 participants on a single group departure.

With the success of the program also came the need for a dependable source of “special needs” equipment to accommodate the needs of our special people.  Oxygen, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs and the like were constantly needed, in large supply, for most CareVacations groups.  We experienced great difficulty in the fulfillment of these needs at cruise ports worldwide.

In 1998 CareVacations made a decision to develop a company whose only focus would be to accommodate the special needs requirements of all cruise guests at major ports worldwide. CareVacations CruiseShipAssist was then created as this company.

CareVacations CruiseShipAssist has advanced very quickly to become the preferred Special Needs provider of ALL major cruise lines including Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL and others. With bases at most cruise ports worldwide and the ability to provide equipment at most other ports, there are not many corners of the world we do not service!  Put us to the test!

The following is the numbers and email address where this company can be contacted and it may mean the difference between going on a vacation or staying home for the winter!

Phone:         780-986-6404
Toll Free: 1-877-478-7827

Fax:             780-986-6485
                     780-986-8332
Toll Free: 1-800-648-1116

Email:***@****

I hope that this information is of interest to someone here and if not right now perhaps it is something that could be tucked away for future plans!

Lots of Hugs,

Rena

amazing and timely!  I have been intending to look up such a service as a cruise is one of the things I want to do soon.

Thanks, Rena!

Quix
Thanks Rena!

This is great info, I've always wanted to take a cruise to Alaska.  Maybe one day!!

Hope you are having a good day, my friend!!

Hugs,
doni
Hey Rena....

if you go...I'm coming too

wobbly
undx
Hey doni...I would like to go to Alaska but it won't be on a cruise...

Wobbly...you will have to go on a cruise without me honey...I would be SO SEASICK that it would be a total waste of time and money for me!  I like my feet firmly planted on the ground thank you very much! he he  Hope this info does help a few and I will see if I can get anything further on it for you all.

Lots of Hugs,

Rena