Thoracic MRI
What does it mean to have increased T1 and T2 signal changes in multiple levels of the thoracic spine.
Hi Joy,

Thanks for joining us. Not so sure we can say what this means.  But, why were you sent for imaging?

Welcome!
-Shelly
T1 and T2 signal changes indicate lesion formation in the spine, if you're being tested for MS.  I had similar results for my MRI.
Hi. This was done for neuro symptoms. I just want to say thanks to everyone, its nice to have people to talk with that understands. Thanks Joy.
We also discussed this in Joy's other thread where whe said the hyperintensities were in the vertebral bodies.  This mens the lesions are NOT in the spinal caord, but in the vertebrae, the bony spine,  Thus, they would have nothing to do with MS.

Quix
Ah, that's an important piece of information!  Yes, if the intensities are in the vertebral bodies, then it's something completely different.