Multiple Sclerosis Community
Throbbing teeth?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Throbbing teeth?

I am wondering if anyone has experienced throbbing in certain teeth? This happens to me every month or so for a day or two at a time.
Not I, sounds annoying.

Jon
Your not alone,mines more of a nerve pain then anything,its painful and I can barelly eat,then poof its gone and can be gone for a few months.

Thanks for the replies. This throbbing pain is the weirdest thing. I think my teeth are going to fall out and just like T-lynn its gone. Doesn't seem like this is a sx that too many folks have, however.

N
Not here has this been discussed,but on another forum it has been by many with MS.I beleive its just the nerves getting the wrong signals.Oh,can it hurt and I don't even have to be eating.
I cannot believe you brought up this "symptom" at this time.  I have been going through the same thing recently and had no thought that it might be related to MS!  It started last winter and I would have this lancing, excruciating pain when I bit down on something, usually right at the beginning of eating.  It would be pain in just one molar, and be so severe that I would alt least wince and sometimes cry out.  Then my whole jaw and face to right in front of my ear would ache deeply for hours.  My sister was really riding me to go to the dentist - which I hate doing!  I happened over and over, but the tooth felt fine in between and there was no problem in the gum like an abcess (abscess) or anything.

Then it stopped happening until about a month or so ago.  Now it involves 2 or three teeth, some on the top and the same molar on the bottom, but the teeth are right together when I bite.  I've been reading about tooth sensitivity and figured it was just this, but it is very intermittent.  The pain is so severe, but so quick, and then the ache is so bad I'm sure I'm going to need a root canal, except the ache is back up in the jaw and in front of the ear (which is where the Trigeminal Nerve emerges).  And one of the "teeth" that hurt has already had a root canal.????

I am going to the dentist to make sure the teeth are okay.  If they are, I wonder if it is a symptom of the MS?

Quix
I have went to the dentist for this,he looked at me like I was nuts.

I get pain in the gum lines where I had teeth removed because my dog knocked them out.It really seems to extend from the nerves and runs in front of the ear.Usually right sided.

I have had this same problem on and off even been to the dentist with it but nothing found, mine runs on the right side into my ear.

Iv also had problems with my jaw locking after i have dentist work it happens everytime and seems to take me ages to get over any work done dont know why.

Take Care