Tingles in all four limbs MS?
I am a thirty year old women and three months ago I developed tingling sensations simultaneously in all four limb extremities e.g palm of hands. The tingling has been constant over that period put the intensity varies from buzzing in my finger ends to the point that I have to concentrate to feel the tingles. My neuro carried out various blood tests and MRI which came back negative. He concluded that if MS was responsible for my symptoms the MRI would detect any lesions and diagnosed me ironically with medically unknown syndrome. He also informed me that at this point MS was still a possibility.

I am now convinced I have MS and its beginning to cripple my life. Prior to this I'd had two very difficult years and suffer from general anxiety disorder. My neuro told me that anxiety was not responsible for my symptoms but yet I have read it can be responsible on the web.

Please could someone provide some clarity. I'd be very grateful. Thank you

Hi there, welcome to the forum, I think you could find alot of information from our "Health Pages" on the top right side of this page...you will find the link.  It has so much information for you.  

what other tests did you have done?  Blood tests to rule out mimics?  other MRIs of you C spine?  LP? etc..
check out the information

take care
wobbly
dx
Hi Marlowe, It would be very unusual for MS to hit all four of your extremeties, the disease doesn't work like that.  Good luck in finding some answers.

my best,
Lulu
Thank you for taking time to respond to my question. Yes the neuro scanned my upper neck and carried out several blood tests all negative. He also ruled out peripheral neuropathy by I think ECG. I will let you know how I get on. He also told me their was no hard and fast rule for MS to present.

Again thank you and all the best to you.

M

You're welcome.  And I should have told you how fortunate you are to have a doctor who doesn't think this is caused by anxiety.  That is a pretty common dx when they can't see those test results proving something.  

Your doctor is right that there are no hard and fast rules with MS, but somethings can be ruled most probably not MS.

Stay in touch and let us know  if you have any more questions as you get more pieces.  
be well,
Lulu