Tingling on my face
Hey everyone - I've been getting a lot of tingling in my face and hands.  Right now the tingling in my face is in about 4 or 5 different spots - above my eyebrow, right below my eye, and on each cheek (the face cheeks!)  With the tingling in my hands, it sometimes increases when I exhale like after I sigh or something.

I also get this tingly twitch above my left lip that just comes on and lasts for a few seconds and subsides.  My ears have also been burning.  I'd been thinking it was just from being sensitive to hair products but there is no redness or rash.  Is this MS'y type tingling?  Also get some tingling in my legs here and there.  I was reading someone else's post about running and having a foot go numb and I've had that, too.  

Tingling, numbness etc. can be a symptom that people have with MS.

It could also be from other causes.  

Sometimes people also get strange sensations for no obvious reasons.

The best way to consider is to look at the overall pattern of how you feel.  If the tingling spots are just a few places on your face, and no-where else and no other symptoms, in my opinion, I would not worry about it too much, though looking at hair products etc may be a good idea, and bring it to your doctor's attention when you see him/her next.

If you are having other symptoms or other things going on that are bothering you then maybe you need to get checked out.  Please post some more details and then maybe we can give some more concrete input.

Hope this helps.

Sally
Thanks, Sally - I do have more symptoms, the tingling is one I've ignored for awhile because it doesn't bother me.  The symptoms I have that have me sort of concerned are fatigue, my right leg gets tired and heavy, twitching and myoclonus, chest pain, and in the past 6 months or so I've found myself walking with a slight waddle which isn't very noticeable but I have no idea why I started doing that.  All of these get worse if I'm tired.  

I had lots of neurological testing done 9 years ago because of the severe myoclonus and everything was normal, but the doctor at mayo wondered about it being caused by an autoimmune disorder and had me do a 5-day IV of SoluMedrol.  I haven't been back to a neuro since then because I've done pretty well but the fatigue has started hitting more in the last year and then that waddle thing started.  I have an appointment with a neurologist on Oct. 30th.

Ok sounds like your trip to the neurologist is well overdue.  Could possibly be MS from what you are describing, though they also need to check for other things.

You've come to a good place here in this little corner of cyberspace.   Hang around here and let us know how your appointment goes...  

Sally