Multiple Sclerosis Community
Tingling sensation when I bend my neck forward,

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I was diagnosed with probable MS when i was 17, now im 19. Lately i have been have this tingling sensation thats runs throughout my body till my toes. This started after playing basketball and i played it  after a long time. I was complately fine the first 3 days i played. The fourth day I found myself having these sensations and i was kind of fine the next day. Again today i decided to play and now i feel it has become a bit more tingly. What do i do ?
Sounds like Lhermitte's Sign. Many of us have it. It can result from may things including MS lesions in the c-spine. Before I was diagnosed I thought it was kind of cool and would bend my head forward for fun :-) I don;t know that there is any thing you can do about it.

You can read more here:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=16049

Kyle
Thanks for the info :)
How can i make it go away? It was never there when i used to do my usual workouts. It started only after basketball.
I am not aware of anything that you can do to make it go away. As you will learn, MS has lots of "characteristics" that we would love to, but can't, make go away.
This is a mild (albeit annoying and sometimes painful) symptom that many of us deal with, but I do feel as though it's something worth mentioning to your neuro or GP- if nothing else, so that it is documented. Remember it for your next office visit.

Best wishes,
Jane
it can also be from cervical problems, but a CT would rule that out for you.
strange how that little area can hold so many causes!
I'd talk to your neurologist about it. If "probable MS" is an issue, this may be the "Dissemination in Time" event (see Health Pages - links on right - re:McDonald Criteria) a neuro would wait for.

I get it all the time, and before I was diagnosed, I was afraid to tell my PCP about it, thinking she might think I was crazy, or something.  When I was being worked up for MS, I eventually told my neuro about it, and he said I wasn't crazy, it's L'Hermitte's sign.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum!
Cheers!
Oh, yeah, the rise in your body temperature while you're playing B-Ball can help get this going - Uthoff's phenomenon.
I have been havingtests for MS for a while and they keep telling me that they are negative.  Over the last few weeks i have been experiencing this strange tingly sensation when I put my head forward.  I haven't been to my GP yet but after reading the comments above it might be the symptom the finally give me the diagnosis that I am dreading.

Regards
its L'Hermittes and it can come from things other than MS, although MS pts get it a lot.  Perhaps taking your mind off of MS for awhile might help?  It is a slow moving train!