Tingling-top of head
I have been experiencing many different symptoms and I am being worked up for possible MS. I had a MRI which was "abnormal" and I am waiting to see the neurologist. Something that is happening almost everyday is a a feeling of pins and needles on the top of my head that are are almost tight and painful and othertimes just feel like bugs crawling under the skin, if that makes any sense. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this or knows what it might be? It is also starting to happen in my face/cheek area.
Thank you.
The face and cheek are innervated by the Trigeminal Nerve that comes from the pons.  It is one of the cranial nerves.  The top and back of the head are innervated by the Occipital Nerves that are spinal nerves from the C2 interspace.  About 4-5 times a day, I reach up to take the glasses off the top of my head that are not there.  Many of us seem to have weird facial and scalp feelings.  Not everyone, but some.

Bob
I was getting the crawly feeling on my head for a while, too. Now I only get it every now and then (at least that I notice).  Mine was on the backside, towards the top right near the crown of my head.  It felt really weird.

-Kelly  
I get several different symptoms on my head....sometimes. itchiness, then tingling and I also get pins and needles down one side of my face from time to time.  Keep track of all your symptoms for when you see your neuro and if you have any other questions then you will find some kind and helpful folks on this site who will do their best to answer them and you will always find empathy, support and understanding. I hope  you get some answers soon.

Best wishes

Sarah
Hi Reentami,

Welcome. It defintiely makes sense - sounds like you are experiencing paresthesia. This can be caused by a multitude of things. Since you are having it daily, definitely jot down the start date to better give the doctor an idea of how long you've had it.

When is your appointment?
Thanks for joining us,
-Shell

Hi Shell,
My appt. with the neurologist is Wed. they have bumped it up. This is my first appt with a specialist so I am wondering what they will do?  I have tried to write down everything I can remember , even things I did not relate to this. First thing I remember is about 10 yrs ago, I used to work as a dental hygientist, one day my hand just got weak progressively lost dexterity. I was dropping instruments. Then noticed I would shake so bad while trying to give an injection i coulne't focus where I needed the needle to go.It really scared me .I started having some numbness /weakness in my fingers and hands so I saw a Dr. They tested me for Carpel tunnel and it was negative. But I stopped practicing b/c was afraid I would hurt someone. I was tested for RA and it was "weakly positive" . They had me on low dose steroids for months and symptoms just went away. Ruemotologist tested ANA and RA factors again always negative, only thing was I had high SED rates. Didn't know why this happened, never really got an answer but it is the first thing I can think of and I am not sure it is even related, but I am going to tell the Neurologist.