Multiple Sclerosis Community
Tremors

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Tremors

I know I have talked about tremors before, but thought I would bring it up again since it still hasn't gone away completely. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and I was trying to do some house cleaning. I have a hard time due to eye issues and fatigue, but I like a clean, kept house. Anyway, after a long day of cleaning, resting and cleaning again, my left hand tremor was really pronounced again.

Just a refresher for everyone, my left hand tremor began the week before Christmas of 2010. It was bad, very very pronounced especially with movement. I think around May it started to slow down, but never went completely away.

Does this happen to anyone else with one sided hand tremors? Does it always become more exagerated after doing something?

My sister came over to my house to drop off the party bag favors, and asked me if I wanted her to stay because my hand was out of control. She was worried. I told her that it always happens after doing stuff that requires physical activity.

Hope someone can share,
Pam
  • Tremor (11 replies):
    I am wondering how many people here have tremors, I am a...[more]
  • Tremors (5 replies):
    I'm trying to figure out my tremors. I have spaticity i...[more]
  • tremors (12 replies):
    I know there are several types of tremors but I haven't ...[more]
  • Hand Tremors (6 replies):
    Are hand tremors a symptom of my chiari? I had a decompr...[more]
  • tremers (12 replies):
    does anyone get tremers? Mine are getting worse. what ca...[more]
I have a hand tremor that emerges after I get too warm.  Maybe your increased body heat has made the demyelinated portions of your brain/nervous system not function normally (Uhtohff's) ????

I have tremors in both hands but if I am using one hand more than the other like dusting for instance I use my right hand more then that hand has a very pronounced tremor. I hate it so much and know that after I do things I will have no control over my hands, arms etc.
Oh and I also do that if I am hot, excited or stressed.
Hi Pam
I get tremors in hands and feet when I hop into bed after I've overdone things at work that day. I try to move to get more comfortable and that's when it all starts.

Sounds like you have a terrific sister with her offer.

Children's birthday's are so exciting. I hope that your daughter is spoilt rotten and that you can manage to get through it all as best you can.

Take care
Blessings
Alex
I get hand and head tremors.  The dr gave me neurontin that has helped a lot.
I usually get them when Im sitting still.

Hope that helps.
Kerri
Pam,

I get left hand/arm tremors. Its the entire forearm my doctor said. Yup, they increase when I over-work, fatigue and heat. I was given propanolol for them and it helps a bit.

It's not horrible yet but they have become worse in the last 5 months.
Thanks!! I appreciate everyone's reply. My neuro. did prescribe klonopin for me, but I chose not to take it.  I am sleepy enough and I do not want to be on any more medicine. He kinda brushed it off and said it was from anxiety, but we all know that you don't have anxiety on one side of your body at a time.

Question to all,,,,,,  Is your tremor due to MS or is it from something else?   I have noticed that everyone here have worse tremors with movement/stress/heat.

Heat makes my left hand itch, but movement and stress makes my hand tremor.

Thank you , Thank you , Thank you!!

Pam
I would ask for neurontin.  I take 300mg at night so any side effects are while i am sleeping.  It seems to help a lot because I stopped taking it for a couple of days and the tremors returned.

I am not diagnosed so i can't say where they come from, I say ms, but i am not a doc.

Anyway, the psychiatrist prescribed klonipan for me and I also didn't fill it.

Those meeds make me nervous.

Hope this helps.

Kerri
Heat indirectly affects my tremor, i say indirectly because heat makes me fatigue more quickly and if i'm fatigued then the tremor is worse, after i've rested and cooled down its back to my normal, unless i over do it too quickly, very circular. lol

I've just had a very family orientated and i will say its been a stressful month, though i dont say that very often but its been way over the top in being eventful. Anyway my tremor hasn't changed at all during that time, i haven't felt overwhelmed so maybe it doesn't count as stress lol i did have one evening where i felt really really odd. I didn't know how to explain what i was feeling but considering what was going on, i figured that could be what emotional stress feels like.

Truthfull its not something i experience and the only other time i felt that way was trying to get to my dad before he died. What i will say, is if that is what stress feels like, i think its absolutely horrible and there is no way i could live with feeling like that every day, just couldn't do it. I've faced a few very dangerous situations and had to remain calm to keep it under control, mainly in my work.

During my brain is going a million miles an hour, outwardly i'm very calm and my voice and body language is purposely controlled but after its over, my body reacts like i'm in shock, i'm not though because there is no feelings behind it, its just my tremor going off. I think its connected to adrenaline, it makes sense to me if it does.

Anyway i'm not sure that helped at all lol its 12:30pm time for bed!

Cheers.........JJ

Kerri, thank you. I haven't gone back to my neuro since he tried to put me on the klonopin, that was probably 4 or so months ago... Lol I can't remember, I know I need to make an appt. But I have been taking a break from most of my doc's and he is the one I want to avoid.. Lol
JJ, also thank you.  You always get a giggle outta me when I read your post ! I am usually calm,cool and collected for the most part, and yes I too feel the everyday normal stress as others, but I think when all is said and done,,,,,, so is my body,

I have been pushing myself way too hard these past couple of days along with having a sinus infection, I am lying in bed with a heating pad on my back and hip due to a sudden bout of spasticity, my legs feel like jello and weak but these bursts of electric pain are a killer.
My tremor in my hand was pronounced all day, it is more relaxed now,,THANK GOD!

Thanks guys, Pam