Multiple Sclerosis Community
Tremors

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Tremors

I'm trying to figure out my tremors.  I have spaticity in my legs with tremors at times which are even worse when I am carrying my son.  I notice that when I'm driving on the freeway and the lane is not smooth my tremors seems to be worse and my legs get tighter.  Does anyone notice this.  I have read how some have felt they shake in the MRI machine.  Can motions as these increase our tremors?  Is there a trick to prevent it from happening?

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question.  I was diagnosed May 9 and from the time I was told about the suspicion of MS to actual diagnosis was two and a half months.  I spent that time learning as much as I could about how they diagnosis it and mimics etc.  Of course I knew a lot of the symtoms (symptoms) because I was living with many but now I need to try to figure out how to live best with them and work around them if possible.

If there are any good books or websites anyone can recommend I would appreciate that too.

Anamaria
Tremors are one of the most difficult symptoms to treat.  I've heard of people being prescribed beta blockers, but I don't know how effective they are.

Is it a tremor in your leg, or the shakes?  My right leg is shaky and wiggles back and forth, especially if I'm trying to balance on something.  I don't know where your lesions are, but I have a lesion in the right cerebellum, and my right hand tremors are from that.  
Hi. Thats a good question.  It feels like a tremor. My left knee shakes when it is bearing most of my weight and it feels different from that.  Both hands don't keep still when I hold a paper or when I drink a cup of water for example.  I actually feel this throughout my body at times.  It makes me feel as though I bounce when I walk. Even my head feels as though it bounces.  If I try to do push ups or chest presses my entire arms start shaking or tremoring very quickly which I never had happen before unless I was pushing myself to a new level.  What's the difference  between a tremor or a shake? It's not all the time but it is happening more often since it started about a month ago.
When I shovel snow or  moving boxes around and I sit down to rest I get a tremour in my right hand, that shakes. Any idea Thanks. After 20 ofr 30 minutes it stops
A good place to read about Tremors is

wemove.org

best site for all movement disorders.  Jen is right.  Tremors are very hard to treat.  In MS they are almost exclusively action tremors - occurring when a muscle is under contraction or in movement.

Quix
Anyone with a tremor that is not always there, try to get a video of it to show your neurologist.  They can determine what kind of tremor it is or if it is really tremulousness - like from a fatigued muscle.

Q