Multiple Sclerosis Community
Trip to the ER, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Trip to the ER, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I was feeling kind of out of it, but on the way to town I had a call on the cell phone and I couldn't get a word out at all just garbole(sp) thought I was having a stroke or some thing but I didn't feel any thing painfull but I drove myself to the ER and had been tested there for an stroke with an cat, blood and an ekg but all was good and after all that the doctor did more testing on me and said it sound more like it was neurlogical after giving her my history and looking at my past ER visits, she said that I NEED to have a MRI and an EEG.

So just maybe I will find out some thing here real soon after seeing my doc today as I have really been out of it sence then as this has never happened before to me I really feel like I'm at a lost as to what has happened right now being some what new at this, any help or input on this please.

Cowboy
Hi, there!  Yes, sudden problems with speech or language are pretty common with MS.  I can't remember (Teflon Brain, you know) do you have a definite diagnosis?

I hope your doc can give you some help.  I'll bet that fatigue and irritability you were going through was the beginning of a new relapse.  When was your last MRI and what did it show?  

I think you and us Left Coasters are the only ones left still up.  Those sissies on the East Coast have already called it a night, lol.

Quix
OK  Quix, I am not an east coast sissy!!!!  I am still awake.  And so is Craig.  high tes and all....

Cowboy....can you get a new brain MRI ASAP?   Please let us know how your doctor appt goes.    Your experience sounds frightening.  I am glad you got home safely.

Elaine
ooops!
  The last one I had was back in 94 when I went out of work from the toxins from painting cars and was left as a lost in the limbo on the neruo side of things but was normal at the time, but the ER is saying I Need to have an MRI and an EEG asap

Here we are still in day light, I think we have 16teen hours of day light but just a few days ago we got 8" of snow and Anchorage got hit with over 2 feet of snow

Cowboy
Wow cowboy...that must have been pretty nerve wracking eh?  Do you feel comfortable driving when you are feeling like this?  This is why I quit driving last October and today I drove to my dr. appt. by myself and this is only the second time since October.  Please be careful my dear cause these wierd feelings can jump up and smack us in the back of the head and we don't even know it happens!  I have been there and it's scary!

Let us know how you make out and I agree with Elaine...a trip to the MRI machine is being called for and it should be a.s.a.p.  Please drop us a line and let us know how you are feeling ok?

Lots of Hugs,

Rena
I had no idea just how bad this could be, I did end up driving to town but I when't really slow as I live in the back woods here and not a lot of ppl driving at the time but it felt wirerd driving at the time, but the MRI should be this week but I did find out that we don't have a neruro here but and needs to be read in Anchorage

I have never had this happen before, so yes it was nerve wracking for me just hope I find some thing out here real soon.

Cowboy
Wow, that does sound scary. Be prepared for VERY loud noises from the MRI machine! Mine were last Sat and I couldn't believe how loud it was, even with earplugs. And I swear they are making them smaller! (I'm sure it's not me getting bigger, LOL). Please be careful driving, wouldn't want to run into a bear or moose on the loose!

Maggie
I would have been scared senseless.  I have only had this happen to me twice since being diagnosed over 10 years ago.  My "spell" didn't last as long as yours did, but I can't for the life of me, figure out how you drove yourself.  I was too out of it, to be able to drive at all.  I really DID think I was having some type of stroke.

Please keep us advised about what your upcoming tests reveal and for god's sake friend, please be careful.  I am worried about you.

Hang in there and big hugs,
Heather  
I had something similar happen to me and ended up in the ER also.  My question is why doesn't the CAT scan show anything???  I had the CT scan, blood work, EKG and nothing showed up.  I'm feeling weird again and have been to the nuerologist and waiting on test results there, but frustrated because I have to wait until next Wed. and I feel bad NOW.  But don't want to go back to ER for more CT scan that won't show anything again!  It's so frustrating.  Good luck to you.  And about the MRI, yes, it was VERY LOUD and SMALL...lol...I had to have a valium for the next two I had after the first experience!  Good luck!