Multiple Sclerosis Community
Turning pale..

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Turning pale..

Has anyone ever turned pale when you are having a lot of symtoms (symptoms)..or spell?  A friend noticed at work tonight that I was very pale and it's when I felt the worst.  Is this something any of you have had???  Any ideas on what it could be??
Hi...my hubby has told me I looked pale, and it was when I wasn't feeling well... I just grumbled at him...hehe... no not funny...but he told me that a few times...

andie
I don't know what causes it, but I've had my roommate tell me many times "you're not doing well right now, are you, your color is off, you're real pale".  This is when I've been feeling really fatigued, dizzy, off-balance, etc.

I've looked in the mirror, and decided that I can't wear yellow any more, 'cause then I look really bad when I'm pale.

Kathy
When I hold my breath I turn blue, lol...
Seriously though, if I am having a REAL bad day, my wife says I look pale also. Maybe we are from the same mommy, lol...No seriously, I think it just has to do with skin temp at the time of the flares...

Big Lee
Thanks for your posts!  I seem to have mini-flare ups at work, especially after I've been up on my feet coaching and spotting.  In only a couple of hours, I'm extremely fatigued, my legs starts buzzing and then my face, arm and lips twitch.  I'm still not diagnosed and in the limbo land.  I just didn't know if this was something from possible ms or not.  I know it's not a panic attack because I have these spells daily, and I've had a panic attack before from them..being scared to death about what my body was doing.  But, since then, I've learned to take deep breaths and ignore it and tell myself I'm okay, my  body  just seems to be doing it's own thing.  I guess when I get hot from coaching it causes flare ups?  And thought it was weird tonight that everyone noticed how pale I was.  It seems like everybody can tell when I'm feeling bad, even when I try and act normal during a spell.  Do any of you have mini flare ups during the day?  Off and on?  I'm waiting on a second opinion from a new nuerologist.  Praying for answers.  I cut my coaching hours dramatically, and fear I'll have to quit all together if I don't get better.  I coach gymnastics, and I can't spot and teach when I'm dizzy and off balance.  Y'know.  
I had to leave work a year and half ago...my boss told me to take a nap at 2:00 everyday in the extra office.  

I wouldn't be able to walk properly by the middle of the morning, I lost words and could speak properly at our meetings

they had to call an ambulance a few times because of my vertigo spells at work.  

So my Doc said, you are now off work... sick leave..

I worked about 1 1-2 years not feeling well before I finally gave in and now I am at home and very tired alot of the time.  More pain as well.

take care
andie
Thanks for sharing your experience.  I fear that is what I headed for, and confused about what to do financially to help out with our family and medical bills.  I really enjoying coaching gymnastics and don't want to give it up and become homebound.  Yet, I know my limits and feel like if we don't get any answers soon, I'll just keep getting worse and more tired and have to quit.  I need to just pray.  God has all the answers.  

Have you been diagnosed yet?  Started treatment?  If so, has it helped??
I'm just waiting to hear from the Neuro in Sept...re: my last MRI...see my last post just below this one..

andie