Urinary retention after spinal tap
As you all know I had quite an eventful spinal tap on Monday. Yesterday I was very tired..(which I figure is normal)

Last night I noticed I was having MORE than usual trouble to start my urine... and empty my bladder.

Today I can't stay awake and when I woke up from my nap I had to go to the bathroom very bad....after several minutes I could not get anything to come out. So I took a very warm shower which helped a little. I still can't empty my bladder and I feel extremely tired.

Has anyone had this happen after a spinal tap? I called my Neuro, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for your responses,

Laurie  :)
I'm hoping since you posted this has improved.  If not, I would take a trip to the ER.  Not being able to void can set up up for infection.
I have had a spinal tap too, and yes, it did make me tired, but it was one thing that I did not have happen, was the bladder thing.  Now, not the same story.  Make sure you call your Dr. and let them know, as aspentoo said, you don't want to get a UTI, thatis for sure, and maybe they hit a nerve that is controlling your bladder.  

Please don't let it go on to long..... ok???

((HUGS)) hope you feel better soon,
Candy
Thanks Candy and aspentoo. oxo

I am feeling better. Still can't empty completely, but at least I can go...that was scary! My doc never called me back  :(

Now I am getting the dreaded headache! blah!

Laurie  :)

Argh! Sorry you are having these residual problems with the LP.Call that doctor again in the morning if these problems persist.  hugs, Laura
thanks Laura....my doctor's office called me back this morning..

I told him what happened and how the retention and incomplete emptying is constant but NOTHING like it was yesterday..

Doctor is ordering a bladder scan.... oh brother another test!!

By the way some of my spinal tap results are in.. neg for neurosyphllis, neurosarcoidosis, protein,....still waiting for the O bands and other tests.

Also one of my blood tests came back high... Tryptase. Doctor is waiting for 24 urine results.

Laurie :)