Multiple Sclerosis Community
VESICARE STOPPED WORKING. ANYONE ELSE?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

VESICARE STOPPED WORKING. ANYONE ELSE?

Hey Everyone!

Boy! Havent been here in a long time!   So much stuff goin on.  Okay, heres a question.  I dont know if anyone remembers me at all.  I was the big mouth that was complaining about my neuro, and uro.  Yeah you remember, Im the only one with this problem. Im unique right.  HEE HEE

Anyway, real quick, my uro told me that my bladder problem was neurogenic, but told my neuro it was an over  active bladder problem, so I looked like an idiot,  Anyway, my uro put me on Vesicare.  It seemed to worked for a few months, then one by one the sx all came back, including the bladder pressure and pain.  By the way, Im still in limboland.  My sister with MS has the same bladder problems as me.  Shes dx though.  Has this ever happened to any of you guys.  Do you have an idea of why the Vesicare stopped working.  My sis says its probably cause I have ms.  Well I cant wait to see what my uro says about it.  The docs seem to tell me one thing about my problems but then gives my neuro a different   explanation, and I look like a hypocondriac (is that how you spell it)

Also, I was dx with PsuedoTumor Cerebri, after they did the LP.  A friend in the medical field told me that the docs do that cause there isnt a definite dx, so they have to be careful what they put down for insurance reasons.   So back to my original question, has anyone here ever taken the Vesicare, or similar meds for their bladder, stop working?

Thanks Guys!
Sandie

I've never been on Vesicare so I really can't comment on that, but I know what it's like to have incontinence issues & no DX.

First, I agree with your sis. If you have MS, Vesicare can only help so much. All Vesicare does is relax the bladder muscle down so it doesn't get the urgency or the frequency as much. That's only part of the picture when it comes to a MS bladder. Here is a Health Page about the bladder:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Multiple-Sclerosis/The-Neurology-of-Bladder-Incontinence/show/758?cid=36

I would complain to both doctors about the Vesicare not helping.

Take Care