Vibrating sensations in foot
I have begun having occasional vibrating sensations in my left foot. When all started I had tingling and numbness. The tingling has since subsided, numbness reamains and now I am getting these strange vibrations in my foot. I am still undiagnosed and was wondering if this is somthing that is typical of MS?
Hello there,

I have the vibrating sensation in my left foot too. This is initially the foot that went numb, tingling up the calf, etc. My vibration is pretty much always there. I'm guessing this is pretty normal with MS, but I haven't actually been told that's why my foot vibrates. I received my diagnosis a few months ago.

Hopefully some others will weigh in for us. :-)

Blessings,
ArmyGirl73
I've had the sensation of vibration numerous times, including in my feet.  In fact, it's probably been mostly in my ankles.  Hadn't had it for quite a while, but it came back earlier this week, on the inside of the right ankle this time.  Comes & goes; lasts a minute or two each time, and has been gone for 12 hours now.  I actually thought a vibrating cell phone had found its' way into my sock the first time I experienced this strange sensation.

Of course, I remain undiagnosed, so whether this means anything or not is known only to God at this point.
I have the same tingling and vibrating sensations you're describing, and numbing up to the calves, in both feet.  In my right leg, I have excruciating pain in the hip, which then travels down to the calf and ankle of the same leg and increases the pain and numbness in that leg.  Yeah, I think the tingling and vibrating sensation and numbness is pretty common to MS.  I also have numbness in my hands and electrical shocks up and down my left arm from fingers to neck at times.  All of this can be pretty intense, and while some doctors won't characterize it as actual pain--just uncomfortable "sensations", from experience I can say that it ranges from uncomfortable sensations to actual pain, off and on every day.  Once you are diagnosed, perhaps the doctors can get you on one of the treatments that will assist in sending this discomfort to the netherworld most of the time.  Even now, if you can take Gabapentin or Lyrica, you may have some help with these symptoms.  Best wishes to you and have a good Christmas.    
I also am undiagnosed and have experienced vibrations in left foot.  My sx are always on left side.  Always in exact same area.  Coin size left inner foot.  That has extended now to having actual pain like my leg is asleep pain, worse when sitting, and worse after I've had a very busy day on my feet.  I've spoken to the MS specialist nurse who said as long as I'm not weaker, or muscles not affected they wouldn't do anything different and just follow up in March.  I can definitely tell that since last year I definitely get fatigued more easily though.  
I fairly suddenly developed a "vibrating foot" sensation in my left foot only along with an echoing,ringing in my left ear. My ear then became very sensitive to noise and I felt as though I could actually feel sound waves hitting my ear drum, if that makes any sense.  I had no other symptoms of a cold, sinus infection, ear infection etc. I felt totally fine aside from these two symptoms driving me crazy. Mine was cleared up within a few days. Here are the things I did:

* Completely eliminated all artificial sweeteners (aspartame, splenda, sweet n low).
* got Chiropractic adjustments.
* Took B-12 injections (1000 mcg) two days in a row.
* Eliminated excess caffeine.
The foot cleared up almost immediately. The ear took a few days. Hope that helps. Katie
Has the relationship between MS/MS symptoms and artificial sweeteners been discussed before?  I feel eliminating them from my diet has been a wise decision, though it is hard to measure the precise effect...
I don't advocate artificial sweeteners, but there is no evidence they (or aspartame, at least) have any relationship to MS. This story periodically makes email or other internet rounds, always to be disclaimed..

See http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

ess