Vitamin D to help improve some symptoms?
I was in the ER this morning because my lips and cheek went numb suddenly, and we wanted to rule out a stroke.  Well, it was ruled out, and the DR. was especially nice and is helping me to speed up the process of my testing and neuro appts......but right before I left he mentioned a study that had been done stating that Vitamin D deficiency can make MS symptoms worse.  He told me that I should supplement by taking 5,000 units of Vitamin D a day, as it won't hurt, even if it doesn't help.  He said that someone would have to take like 150,000 units every day for months before it became toxic.   So....I figure what the hey?....I'm gonna give it a shot!  It most certainly won't get rid of the symptoms, but if it helps improve even one of them, than that's good for me.
I agree.  I take a myriad of vitamins, minerals, omega 3 oils, etc. I have doubts that our foods give us everything we need, MS or not.  You might want to consider a balanced multivitamin too since many vitamins work better together.  Let me know if it helps at all.  I don't take extra vitamin D, just the normal amount.  
Mary Kay
Hey Tiff,

That must of been scary! How are you feeling now?

Our Elaine (monotrome) knows quite a bit about the Vitamin D.  I hope it does you right.  Did this resolve on it's own?

-Shell
well, I don't think it would hurt..there is alot of info going on around Vit D...look online and get more info on it too..

how are you feeling now?  

take it easy
wobbly
undx