Multiple Sclerosis Community
Weekly Roundup - Anyone....?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Weekly Roundup - Anyone....?

What does everyone have going on this week?  It's already mid-week and I don't see that anyone has started this, yet?  Anything fun, exciting, or have any upcoming appts?  Let's see what everyone is up to this week.

I have swallowing PT twice this week.

My rheumy ran a bunch of labs and says she'll probably do a muscle biopsy.  In the mean time I'm supposed to start taking Prednisone.

Tomorrow is my PET scan to see if they can find cancer.

Fri I'm flying into Chicago for a long weekend to see my family and for an early celebration of my grandma's 90th b-day.

I'm really wondering how much longer I can work, and if I can't, could I get disability, or would I be denied....
All my medical fun ended last week. (Results from LP are good, and I can keep getting Tysabri.)

The contractor swears he will be finished this week. From the looks of things he'll have to work 24 hours a day! Then the painter, then the carpet...Maybe by the 25th of this month I'll actually get to live in my new apartment!

Kyle
Still pending Health Insurance since my hospital visit and Neuro a month ago!  

No MRI yet, No EMG yet, still can't grab my my nerve pain med without insurance help.....

Patience wearing thin!  Won't change outcome either way but frustrated
Painting animals

Pet sitting

Breast MRI Friday

Alex
I am at urologist office to verify a uri and then to a surprise cancellation I have a Tysabri infusion at my new site, which by the conversations I have had with them, I will like plus they are across the street from my pacemaker office, hmmm, two visits with one trip!!

I talked to Tysabri and their expiation of the lp for PML indication is usually done when PML us "suspected" and said we should make SURE those around us were familiar with the early symptoms...oops me bad in that dept.
Dinner across the street tonight and neighborhood luncheon Yorktown, I need some time off!

Hope everyone had a good week
Still recovering from eating way too much at our Super Bowl party!

Not much going on this week... PT on Wednesday and dentist on Thursday.

Staying in as much as possible due to all the snow outside.

Have a great week everyone :)
Deb
My week has been busy already! I had my eye checkup this week (slight change to before, I now need glasses for driving as well as reading), and also a followup with my lung specialist which showed that I'm at 61% of "normal" lung capacity which is my best yet.  He shook my hand and said "well done, see you in 6 months".

Tomorrow I'm babysitting a friends toddler, and taking my teen to get her eyes checked. Today I'm taking my 2yr old grocery shopping while her brother is ay kindergarten.

The only thing on my to-do list this week is SLEEP! LOL

Footsie XOXO
Whew.  Tired from reading all this activity!  Praying nobody has cancer, and happy birthday to Grandma!

Nancy had surgery Monday morning to remove several cysts on a leg and one on the scalp.  Surgeon says they were all perfectly harmless, and a common side effect of her Orencia infusions.

Ongoing work at church.  Electric company and our contractor had a stupid contest; result was a shutoff notice on the back door of the church (rarely used door, I might note) which I discovered by accident this morning.  Will have it straightened out in time, I believe, but the contest is still underway.

More to do beneath our house, too.

Reminded myself I have a neuro follow-up on 2/26; I hope I can assemble an armada of questions to pin him down.  One or two minor test results here & there point to possible inflamation (inflammation), but nothing worth diagnosing a person over, I guess.  Plan to make copies of certain frames from the 4 MRIs of the past 4 years, and circle various spots, areas, etc., so I can ask, "What's this?"  I really think I have enough to meet McDonald criteria, but I'm not the one that has to make the call, obviously.

Work, work, work.  Sleep, sleep, wake up to put the dogs out, sleep.  Take some more pills, go back to sleep... or was that supposed to be work?

Peace & blessings.
Kelly, so glad you caught that this didn't get started earlier this week because it reads like there is lots going on.  Grandma's 90th is a great reason to celebrate and I'm so glad you can travel and join the fun.

My appts seem to run in spurts and this week the only thing I have is the last minute appt with my massage therapy person yesterday.  Work is super busy and I can only hope it slows down, and soon.  Tysabri infusion comes next week, but I did get my every-six-month report that I continue to be JC negative.

All of your tests and appts sounds like you are in good hands.  
hugs to all,
Laura
Pm coming to you, need some advice on ty
Alex-

You'll have to post your new paintings when finished!  I'm glad you are doing that.   So much talent should not go to waste!

Pet sitting is fun.  I sometimes stay @ their house - but charge quite a bit for that.  It really does end up being less than a kennel if you have 2 animals.

If you have an ideas for my question I posted on the cancer forum I would appreciate it.

Yuk re the Mammo.  Hope it doesn't hurt too much.  Tylenol before hand helps.

Take care!

Marcia
What is your reduced lung function from?  Mine is 90% - which is fine, but is that yet another by-product of MS that I haven't heard about?  

Hope you are feeling ok and get some rest.  Naps are a wonderful thing!!

Marcia
Do you have some recommendations/comments on Tysabri ?  I'd like to know.  Have had 3 treatments - last one in Dec and can't decide if I am going to continue.

Thanks!

Marcia
I'm doing fine on it, no problems.  why did you skip January?
had PT monday and got my AFOs. (donated) :) truely blessed with help right now.  have PT again tomorrow. learning to walk with walker. seems getting my stance within the walker makes my legs stupid. guess its time to try for disability.

finished  swallowing PT but still do exercises every day at home.

My poor lung function is because I am an idiot! LOL

Despite being a chronic asthmatic, I spent my teens smoking a pack a week, spent my 20's smoking 2 - 3 packs a week. I've given up now (finally kicked the habit in my mid 30's) but the damage has been done.

I now have an enlarged heart, hyperinflated lungs with empysemic spots on them, and my asthma reliever no longer works for me so I have to avoid as many of my triggers as possible and if I even think I'm having as asthma attack I have to call an ambulance immediately.

On the upside, it's a good excuse to get my other half to do all the dusting and vacuuming, my teen cleans out the chook house for me and our cat no longer gets to hog the bed. ;)