Multiple Sclerosis Community
Weird lip numb spasm?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Weird lip numb spasm?

For the last two days, I've had this really weird feeling on my top lip, kind of numb spasms.  I looked in the mirror and the right side of my top lip was pulled up slightly, and there was a little dent where one side was pulled toward the other, kind of rhythmically.  It was pretty steady the first day; felt kind of like Elvis or something.  :o)

The next day it was more intermittent, and then just pulled up on the whole right side.

Today it's relatively normal.

Do "normal" people get lip spasms?  OK, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks,

Kathy
Okay Elvis................yes, I've had something like this before.  It has happened to me only a few times, but it does feel weird.

Of course you already know we aren't normal......hahaha  Don't know if this is another symptom or not, or just a random happening.

Maybe you should start up as an Elvis impersonator.....heeheehee Just kidding, want to make you laugh!!!!

Hugs,
doni
Right now i'd have to be the older Elvis; I've eaten too much ice cream, tee hee hee!  

It was just weird, not like a tic I get in my eye or something like that.  Unique, that's us!

Hugs,

Kathy
hi,
i had the same thing happening to me.
the first time it happened my upper lip and lower eye lid was completely pulled up it was so scary that i called 911,eneded up in the emergency room and was released shortly after that . docs could not find anything wrong.Potassium and phosphorus low -normal as well as thyroid .
i have been seen by a neurologist who said it was stress .MRI and ct was normal .had 2 more episodes after that 5 mos. apart then 1 month and for the last 3 mos.i was fine ,exept for the twitching mostly lip and eye but also other body parts.
My lower lip twitches quite often, pulling up to the right.  It doesn't stick around, but it is a little weird.
Shoot - you all saying this isn't normal? All the while I thought I was normal, like Elvis?  tee/hee/hee

Elvis was hot afterall. Though think he had that same spasm in his legs.

Seriously though, I always thought it was tired jumpy muscles, like the ones you can get fluttering near the eyes. Ever get them?