Multiple Sclerosis Community
Well...a bit of good news!

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Well...a bit of good news!

Hello friends!  Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I was being tested for RA and thankfully they came back negative.  My doc has decided that some of my pain is related to tendonitis and I am being treated in physio.

As far as my poor old teeth go, I had to have 2 more pulled last Tuesday due to pain but now I only have to get 22 pulled!  I had an indepth consultation with a denturist and have pretty much decided what to do as far as that goes.  Now I have to see a surgeon about getting all my remaining teeth pulled while under general anaesthetic.  They feel that with the MS, the COPD and Asthma it would be the safest way.  I am feeling pretty crappy today as is the norm about a week after having dental work done.  I hope to go to my cousins funeral tomorrow and I have tickets for a Great Big Sea concert tomorrow night so lets hope that I can muster up the energy to do it all.  That durn dude that stabs me in the head with an ice pick has been making himself well known all weekend so time will tell.  

I have been having a LOT of leg pain lately but it's deep, not like nerve pain at all.  It's so painful I can hardly walk.  It's not really like a charlie horse, it's worse because nothing makes it better other than time.  

I also have been having a LOT of scalding hot pain on my left hand and the area affected is definitely spreading.  When it gets really bad the area gets really red and feels just like I scalded my hand with boiling water.  It just plain hurts like the devil and I can't find anything to help.  Does anyone have any little hints or anything than might help?  Should I talk to my neuro's office about it or just live with it cause he won't be able to do anything either?  

So tired...so tired of it all :(  I know everyone is but sometimes it helps to vent and I guess that is was I am doing here right?  Thanks for your time friends and if anyone has any ideas about the nerve pain, the leg pain, please let me know!

Lots of Hugs,
Rena705
Golly Rena, glad to see you stop in, have missed you!

I'd definitely talk to him!!!  Sounds like mine, they upped my neurontin and it went away, course it took some getting used to the new dose!

Hope you get over this tooth stuff, 'been there done that' and know what you are going thru.............

Hugs Sarah
Oh dear, sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment Rena.

Have you tried a bag of frozen vegies on your hand?  When my hands were like they'd been in a frying pan, it was my husband who put me onto them.  Didn't work for a great length of time, but certainly helped when I had nothing better to try.

Best wishes

Poppy
Hi Rena. Glad to hear you don't have RA, even though I can't think of what the heck that is......

I sure hope you don't have to miss the Great Big Sea concert, that'd be a bummer!

I sure wish you could get control of your pain. Like Sarah Gabapentin works great for me. I know you tried it, did it help at all, or were you even able to tolerate it?

Take care!

Mike