Multiple Sclerosis Community
Went to Social Security Disability Medical Exam today

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Well, I went for my Social Security Disability Medical Exam today, lasted about 2 1/2 hours.
It turns out my Neurologist failed to send the report of my first MRI, only the 2nd one.

More importantly, the Doctor doing my exam, said from his examination, I tended to have more Parkinson's disease symptoms, than MS.  He said that didn't mean I didn't have MS, but that I may also have Parkinson's disease as well.
He even hinted that I may not have MS, but Parkinson's, however he is not a neurologist.
He said if it weren't for the lesions and the MS hug, everything else pointed to PD.
What do any of you think?
Is it possible to have MS & PD?
Are the symptoms of MS & PD that similar?

Please, sound off.

-- Socrates
Well at least the comments by the doctor sound encouraging for getting the disabilty.

Dennis
Hi, I think I just answered this question in your other post... no the symptoms as I understand them are very different. The SS doctor you saw - he wasn't a neurologist and that is significant.  This is such a specialized area that other doctors only know a few general things about neurology but tend to be pretty clueless.  That is understandable because it is so complex - and that is why it is a specialty.

Yes, you could have both but I wouldn't think PD just because this doctor suggest it as a dx.

good luck with the SSDI..
Lulu
"This is such a specialized area that other doctors only know a few general things about neurology but tend to be pretty clueless."

This just made me LOL.....Haven't we often said how clueless the actual neurologists are?
(not disputing, just laughing)

Interesting Socrates.  At least he didn't suggest anxiety or conversion disorder.  He's original anyway.  How will this impact the SSDI claim?

Mary