Multiple Sclerosis Community
What is causing my vertigo!!?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

What is causing my vertigo!!?

I have been getting vertigo daily since mid March of this year.  I used to get severe attacks that only lasted a few minutes and had no obvious trigger, so I had vestibular testing done and the only thing they found was a slight weakness in my left side.  After the vestibular testing my ENT thought the vertigo was caused by untreated allergies, so I have been taking allergy medicine every night since March.  The neurologist recommended a MRI but nothing out of the ordinary was found.  He asked me to keep a diary of symptoms and said to take a B complex vitamin to support neurological health.  I still take that daily, but haven't seen any improvement.  I've also been prescribed Anti-Vert but I really haven't seen a change and would prefer not to have to take a medicine like that multiple times every day.  NOTHING seems to be helping and still no answers as to why i'm even getting it in the first place :(

I find myself getting vertigo when looking at things that are moving (tv, cell phone, a person talking animatedly, etc) but it has also been waking me up at night, almost every night.  It's seriously taking a toll on me and I need answers!!  So frustrated.
Have you gone to an ear specialist? Sometimes cristals that accumulate in the middle ear  may cause vertigo. I had a mild form of this recently and was walking like going sideways all the time. He gave me some medication for my ear and I am better now!! He also told me that I hear less on my left ear..