What is dx
What's a dx as it relates to optic neuritis? I have optic nueritis.
Optic neuritis is a diagnosis all by itself, indicating a condition where there is some demyelination on the optic nerve.

Optic neuritis is very common in MS and is one of the most common ways that MS shows up.  Something like 60% of people with MS will have optic neuritis at some point in their course.

People can have optic neuritis and never have anything else.  That is called isolated optic neuritis.  About 42% of people who have optic neuritis will develop MS within the next several years.

Q
We have the ONTT (Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial) info to look at which tells us that the "probability of developing MS by 15 years after onset of optic neuritis was 50% and was strongly related to the presence of lesions on a baseline non-contrast-enhanced MRI of the brain. Twenty-five percent of patients with no lesions on baseline brain MRI developed MS during follow-up, compared with 72% of patients with 1 or more lesions."
I want all to know I am just starting Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN).  Stopped the Enbrel, Plaquenil, Celebrex, muscle relaxers, Methotrexate and other meds, and am only taking my blood pressure meds, hormone therapy and this LDN!   I am STRONGER, less fatigued, and am doing very well in many areas!!  I just wanted all of you to realize this LDN is out there, it's  available and works well for most of us.