Multiple Sclerosis Community
What is mild MS

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

What is mild MS

Has any one else heard of this or has got mild ms?
Very confused of this, i,m under a Neurology team and one says i don't have ms, next appointment i have mild ms and when i go again i don't. i seem to be on a merry go round and my life is spiraling out of control and i don't know how to stop this.
Any advice or help is most wellcome

Christine xx
I've never heard of mild MS unless they are referring to benign MS. Most of us on the forum don't believe anyone could have benign MS because MS in itself does damage so how could something that does damage be benign.

It sounds very confusing to me to be told by one team member that you have it, and another, that you don't. Maybe it is time to find a different neurologist. It doesn't sound to me that the "TEAM" is on the same page here. Talk about playing with your emotions. It's not going to do you any good with neuros who can't agree on the DX. I would stop the merry go round and get off.

Take Care Hun
{{{HUGS}}}

I'm not sure if I can help on "what" it is, but I too have been deemed "Mild MS." For me, I've had it for 11 years and all that I can figure it meaning is that I had the initial attack to determine that I have MS, but I have had maybe 2 attacks in the last 11 years. I have the general symptoms (fatigue, numbness, cognitive problems), but my actual MRI's are unchanging. I don't know if that helps. I am not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination. I can only tell you my personal experience.

I know it's frustrating. Just try taking a few deep breaths and try to stay calm. In the meantime until they know for sure what it is you are experiencing, keep a positive attitude. I know it's easier to say than do, but the more you are, the easier it is to your body and mind. And if it helps any, know that you are not alone.

The words "Mild MS" could really only be appropriately applied after a diagnosis and years of little to no activity or progression.

I have MS and sometimes I think I may have a mild case of it but I have only been diagnosed for about 21 months, so it's really to early to tell.

You have probably heard the MS axiom " how it goes the first 5 years will predict the next 5-10 years".  If you're newly DXd, you can only "hope" its mild at this point.  Some MDs will characterize it this way to help reduce the anxiety level of their patients. since no one or tests can predict.

Jon