What is this?
The side of hand pulls in I cannot do this voluntarily. There seems to be no pattern as to when it happens and it stay like it for a few minutes. My hand feels like it is contracting but I have that feeling most of the time. It just that bit stronger in that area.

I have tried to explain this to the doctor but I get the impression my description is not that good hence I took a photo of it!

Any ideas?
Contractures are quite common with MS - it is a type of spasm .  I'm so sorry you are having this problem.  - Lu
I will often wake up with my hands like this when I am going though an especially bad "flare", but with my wrists bent down also. For a long time I though I was just stressed and clenching my hands in my sleep, even though I wasn't actually making a fist. Then the spasticity in my legs was diagnosed and it dawned on me that if spasticity can make my toes point down it can certainly do this to my hands too.

I haven't had it spasm during the day like you describe where it gets worse for a few minutes and then loosens a bit, but it still seems very similar. I think the pic will be perfect for showing your dr exactly what is happening.

Melissa
Every once in a great while, my right thumb will pull down onto my hand - with the tension of a tight rubber band.   I'll pull it back to it's normal position, then boing - back it goes into a contracture.  

It doesn't last long.  Maybe 1/2 hour, a couple of times a day, for a day or two.  

Hope it subsides for you.
That same exact thing happens to me quite a bit.  I never knew it was a symptom of ms.  I was diagnosed last week.  
I have this happen often. It hurts. Both my neurologist and primary say its spasms from ms. All I know is mine is very painful when they happen.
Good picture--thanks for sharing!  Yes, it's an MS symptom.  I get this, too, and it is very painful.  
Yep, me too!  I've had it off and on for many, many years.
Thank to you all.

A similar thing happens on the other hand when the knuckle of my little finger is pulled towards the ring finger and I have to massage to get it back to normal.

Now I have mastered the art of adding pictures there could be more to come.

I shall certainly take this one along to my consultant who I see in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again
Twist
Hi twist,

I'm not dxd yet but I get those a lot.  My thumb pulls inward and touches my palm, I also get cramping in the palms of my hands and they are all painful.  I wasn't sure if I should mention this when I see the neuro, but I guess we should mention everything since we don't really know whats ms related or not.  I actually bought a stress ball (the one with sand in it) just the other day, thinking that, if I use it I might not get these cramps so often.  I'll let everyone know if the ball exercise works to keep them away, or makes the situation worse!

Cre8-it
No I have no Dx either. It would be quite interesting to know what else could cause this.