Multiple Sclerosis Community
What's ahead in your week, March 21st - 27th?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Since it's Sunday night, let's launch our usual weekly "What's up?" thread.  If you're new here, welcome.  We often like to share with one another what's on the schedule for the coming week, and since nobody else seemed to start it this week, I did.
Birthday Tuesday (53), so church gave me a "surprise" (I won't tell) potluck dinner after this morning's service.  Very nice.  Spring break week, & Tim's off, so Nancy took the week as vacation, and we're heading for a couple days & nights in a cabin in the woods, in SE Ohio's beautiful Hocking Hills region.  Tim has a cousin I've not met who will go along, and we actually found a place that allows Annie & Bandit to come along, so that will be interesting.  I can't wait to see Bandit's reaction when he sees his first deer.

Medically, nothing much happening.  I seem to be changing little lately, with near as many good hours as bad, I think.  Had a nasty cold all this week, but it's a lot better today & seems to be on its' way out.  I am insured again (at least I was, but Congress is still in session, so no man  is safe, according to Will Rogers... or was that Mark Twain?).  Left knee is screaming at me -- a really sharp, stabbing pain that seems to have no trigger, and isn't always precisely in the same spot.

Hoping to help Nancy with housecleaning & other chores, as well as further updating the church website.  Exciting week, eh?
Happy Birthday Pastor Dan!! And I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Sounds like a lovely and relaxing week coming your way - hope the pain in your knee takes a break too.
I am finishing up my third day of IV steroids tomorrow. No side effects to speak of - I am thrilled about that and just waiting for the improvement to kick in. I think the Baclofen I started last week is beginning to help my legs and arm. Feeling better today than I have in a couple of weeks.
Wish a good and healthy week to you all.
Happy Birthday Pastor Dan!!!! I've got you beat by a year and a day. One day earlier and sadly  only one year younger, lol. I hope your trip is relaxing and  refreshing. Sounds like the perfect getaway.

Waiting on  my local neuro to finish setting up the pre-cert , etc for another round of IV steroids. Hopefully they will kick this latest relapse in the seat of the pants. Tired of the fatigue, the falling and the upper arm weakness.

Nothing else exciting for me either. Hope every one has a good week!

Ren
Well, happy birthday to you too, ren!  May it be the most blessed yet!
Happy Birthday Pastor Dan, and Happy Birthday to Ren!

What am I doing this week, trying to deal with another golf ball abscess, trying to work out if its the dentist i need to see or the GP, none of my teeth hurt so i cant work out why i keep getting these golf balls. Weird its not painfull, my ear hurts a bit and my throat is sore but otherwise its just numb and tingly, yes and lots and lots of swelling, which is uncomfortable and makes talking a tad difficult. There must be something in the air around April that throws my system loopy, it happened last year too.

Trying to not kill anyone, i seem to have lost my calm tollerant self, it feels like i'm bulding up for an all out screaming match, but I cant really put my finger on why, just this irritation when i've had to repeat my self again, oh and again, oh and again! I lost my cool after the 12th time of asking (nicely) my son to close the door when he went through it, its no big deal right but now i cant seem to let things go, all i seem to do is repeat myself and no one is taking any notice unless i've lost my temper. So i'm not that happy at the moment and trying to work on whats going on with me, lots of meditation and sleeps but i'm still peeed at things i would normally not bat an eye at.

I'm going to go now cause i'm annoying my self for being out of sorts and not cool calm and collected, i need to get over my self lol!

Cheers........JJ

PS here's hoping everyone has a good week, including me!
Happy birthday PastorDan and Ren!!!!

I have nothing special planned. A rather boring week actually *yawn*.

Oh, who am I kidding?!? I have my MRI's on wednesday!!!!!!! I'm going back and forth between being excited that this is finally happening and I might finally get some answers....and being scared to death that this is finally happening and it might give me some answers LOL. With the occasional dark thought of "they wont find anything and I'm not going to get any answers" before my natural optimism kicks in again.

I still have this darn cold. If it is not better, or if it is worse tomorrow, I will call the lab and find out if I can take some cold medicine before the MRI or if I need to reschedule the whole thing. I'm praying they say just take the cold medicine.

Other then that I have a pretty normal week. Get the kids off to school, entertain the younger ones, cleaning, cooking...lather, rinse, repeat...

Hope everyone has a great week :-)
~Jess
Oh, I never even thought about sneezing & coughing inside the MRI machine.  That could be ugly!
Happy Birthday Ren!
Happy Birthday Pastor Dan!

Busy week for me. Heading down south on Thurs. to visit w/my Grandad. I'm looking forward to seeing him, but not the logistics of flights, packing, sleeping elsewhere. YOu know how that goes!

Anyone have any problems travelling w/syringes lately? I know the rules and regs, but curious if anyone has had any problems personally.

Mum - you must of been bottling up your cool too much! It's trying to get out! ha/ha

Jess - Feel better and good luck w/your MRIs! Practice your statue! ha/ha

-Shell
Happy birthday Pastor Dan and Ren

Resting after watching March Madness in Basketball and other things this Sunday

Weds-Sat dog shows so I will try my new camera out. May be get some paintings out of it.

Thurs. Legislature meeting State Health Plan. I hate long drawn out meetings. Therapy in the afternoon.

Friday Moody Blues Concert.

Alex
Happy birthday to Ren and Pastor Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P T for me.again  second go around.  I am very surprised insurance gave it to me

Still working hard, but extremely Pooped out.

Linda  
Happy BD to Dan, Ren, and all others here born in March Madness. I know DJ would be sending special greetings to you all if she could.

Shelly, when you travel with syringes, take the box or whatever has the prescription label on it with you. I suggest showing these specifically to the transportation security person, and put them in a plastic basket to go through the scanner.

ess
I missed the birthday wishes here - happy birthday to you both!  Enjoy your special day.  - L
Happy Birthday again to both of you...

I'm heading to the MS Clinic Wed to see Neuro re: Face pain I've had for a week?

off to San Diego VA to see neurosurgeon thur to see if the cervical bone-on-bone area can be fixed, if it is indeed causing the upper right quadrant pain or is it the ms. a good VA there with good protocols so i'm lucky they're sending me there.

found a MS support group here in town and a MS exercsie group. I'll start going to them and see how i fit in, at least hope so.

still going to my part time job with the census. good people there. i feel lucky to have it.

Dentist - down!

Rest of the week, I can coast.

Q
Would like to see the Moody Blues.  Bettin' Alex won't be anywhere near SE Ohio.
Happy late Birthday Pastor Dan! I hear Hocking Hills is lovely and always great when you can take the fur-babies along!

I started my injections this week (well on Friday with the nurse, but Sunday and today by myself) Still trying to get into that routine.

My 3 year old came down suddenly with a cold and it turned nasty quickly. He sounded very croupy this morning so the rest of this week should be fun. He was just starting to go all night without wetting the bed, now that he is sick - let's just say I have to wash his bedding. I guess I will have to buy some more pull-ups - not happy about that!

Besides Gino's "kids n Company" swim class on Saturday I plan on trying to take it easy this weekend, we'll see how that works out.
I went to PT Monday for a strained rotator cuff, got stretched, pulled pushed, masaged, electrocuted, lectured, and, believe it or not, my first accupuncture treatment.

Gotta head down to Vancouver Sunday for my neuro appt at the UBC MS clinic. It's about a 500 km (300 mile) trip one way, so it's takes us 3 days. My appt is on the 29th, and I'll also be seeing the genetic counselor again (at her request).

Maybe a dx this time. We'll see.

Mike
Ginosmommy...this is totally OT, but my kids (and I) have had a bunch of colds in the last few months. I was given the tip of using baby vapo rub (like the Vicks, brand) and put it on the chest and the bottom of both feet, then put socks on (or footie pajamas). It has really helped for the overnights! My youngest (11 months) would be awake ALL night if she was congested, but since I've been using this trick she will actually sleep most the night.

Maybe I'm the only person in the world who had never heard that tip before LOL But I thought I'd throw it out there :-)

~Jess