Multiple Sclerosis Community
White Brain Mass DISEASE

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

White Brain Mass DISEASE

Hi everyone, I was recently , like yesterday, told I have white brain mass disease. Im going to a nurologist this week but has anyone here heard of this and does it or can it lead to MS. im really ok with it, if thats what has to be , it has to be. Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could your doctor have said 'white brain *matter* disease? MS is one type of disease of the white matter, but there are others. Brain mass can also shrink in MS, though that usually happens, if it does at all, later in the disease course.

Did your doctor diagnose this based on a brain MRI? I'm assuming you've had neurological symptoms that prompted testing. You don't say what these have been.

We'll be very interested in hearing what the neurologist has to say. Let us know and we can take it from there.

Again, welcome.

ess

White mass and gray mass of the brain is a synonym for white matter and gray matter.  So white matter mass is just speaking about what we would call White matter disease,  This is a large group of diseases that would include all the things that cause lesions in the white matter including MS and all of its mimics.

What have you been suffering from?

And welcome to the forum.

Quix
Your response is exactly what I'm trying to determine.  You indicate that there is a large group of diseases that would include all the things that cause lesions in the white matter...
My brother has been told he has a white brain mass with a referral to neurologist.  If it's not MS what could it be??  He is HIV positive - which I'm wondering if that or the meds he takes could affect things.