Multiple Sclerosis Community
Whole body Pins and Needles

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Whole body Pins and Needles

I hope someone can help with my question and long story to go with it...I had a baby about 3 weeks ago, was holding him in my arms feeding him, and noticed pins and needles in my hands...didn't think much of it, went to work, got home and noticed that they were still tingling...I then went online and pretty much freaked out about all the possible things wrong with me, and didn't sleep that entire night.  By the next day my entire body was tingling, head to toe.  I went to the ER and the doctor told me she didn't think it was a neurological issue, and thought it was possibly an allergic reaction to Keflex, that I had started two days earlier, and that maybe stress was making it worse.

I finally got to bed that night and woke up feeling a lot better, still had some pins and needles, but much less severe.  I has been a little over a week since going to the ER, i have since seen a Neurologist who said she "doubted it was MS" but really gave no opinion on what it was...I told her of the pins and needles, and some right hand and foot limpness, and now very slight facial itching...She basically thought it could be a million things from anxiety to Kefex but sorta seemed like i was making a big deal out of this...

Luckily though, she did order and MRI for me, which she said could be done at my leisure, as it was not an emergency, so I will be doing that, however I am terrified...As of right now, my pins and needles are gone, and am not currently experiencing any problems...Does this sound like MS to you guys?  A Keflex reaction? Some kind of hormone issue from giving birth?  Please any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Cynthia
I am not an expert, but I have read a lot and I have never heard of full body tingling as an early sign of MS.  Since it is fading away, your doctor is probably right...it does sound like it could be a reaction to the meds (some people have strange reactions to antibiotics).

Pregnancy and childbirth are hard on a body, and perhaps your immune system got overstimulated for a short time. The great news is that you don't have any problems at this point.

Enjoy your new baby! And don't worry about it unless the weirdness comes back. It probably won't.