Multiple Sclerosis Community
Yipee I can speak almost normal!!!

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Yipee I can speak almost normal!!!

I'm just sooooo excited and needed to share! My speech is almost normal again. I don't sound like I've been tipping the bottle too much. I just need to speak slow and it all comes out right. If I could do cartwheels without falling on my face I would. haha

Its funny how something like speaking normal can boost ones spirits. I think a lot of my depression was my inability to speak right. So here is hoping that it stays this way. I feel more ready now to confront a new neuro as I can properly state what is going on and call them on the carpet if need be. lol

Thanks for all your support
Moki
Wow!!!! I'm so excited for you!  I remember the feeling and it is wonderful! How long had it been? Mine was a little over 3 months.  
Woo Hoo!!!!!!! Congratulations!

SL
Thanks SL! Yeah me!!!! Sorry this is just so exciting. It's been a little over 2 months for me and I love to talk so this was hard. Wow you were a month more. Has it stayed normal for you since? I feel like a kid in a candy store. haha  It couldn't have timed out better as I'm going back to work tomorrow and was worried that I wouldn't be able to deal with the girls (troubled teens) with my speech the way it was. So if I can work with the fatigue and the rest of the symptoms, I'll be good to go.haha I'm going to try 2 days this week and then 3. See how I do. But  I can SPEAK!! haha

Moki
Don't be sorry - I'm excited w/you because I know how good it feels!
My slurred speech was preceded by a sensation that felt like blood was not flowing to my head and drunken slowed and clumbsy feeling (only I can describe) and then I couldn't put out the words, write, etc., until it passed.  

Once those sensations slowed, the speech came back, and I could count on it not coming out slurred!   It's an absolute elation! Having it for so long though, put me on guard.  Almost like you anticipate it, and it doesn't happen!

It hasn't returned like before.  I have had moments when I'm tired and a little slowed, but there is no comparision to what would occur then.  DON'T overdue it (I picture you trying to do backflips right now. .lol)!  
Good luck at work!
Just to help with your picture of me doing backflips, imagine me on my face. lol Gymnastics unfortunately is not my forte. haha But I won't overdue it. I still have my other symptoms going on so I know I need to take it easy for awhile still.

When I lost my speech my head went woozy and the room was swaying back and forth. It felt like my tongue was really thick too. Then when I tried to speak I couldn't get the words to form. I know it will be in the back of my mind for a while that it may come back but I will try not to dwell on it.

I just feel sorry for my poor hubby because now i won't shut up. haha I still need to speak slow but I can handle that. It will make me feel more confident at work now.

Moki

Thats wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  you can tell everyone what for at work now and be full of pride so pleased for you x
Thanks for response. Yes I did tell them the what for at work today.lol It went well although by noon I was really having to push myself to keep going. The fatigue got really bad and my speech slurred a bit by the end but still wasn't too bad. I even had one girl ask jokingly if I had been tipping the bottle in the back room. haha But over all it went well and I lay down for while and snoozed on when I got home. I'll see how tomorrow goes as it will be a full day, today was only 5 hours. At least they are easing me back in.
But I can talk talk talk talk talk talk talk now so I don't care!!!!haha

Moki