Multiple Sclerosis Community
You gotta love muscle spasms in your butt

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

You know your getting cheap thrills when you get non stop muscle spams in your butt. Gee I just love all this.
Generic zanaflex is a non help.  :(

J Fizz

Yeah, but do you have muscle twitches in your private areas?  Those are wacky and sometimes not so bad LOL!!  

The joys of having limboland disease are wonderful!

Take care!
Kristin
Been there, done that! Hard to explain what your problem is when you're at work, lol!

Penn
If you are at home when you get them, I find a heating pad helps. Are they the painful kind? I used to get them (before my husband  got sick) after a climax. They hurt so bad I would cry. If you want a funny picture, imagine a nice evening. candlelight, romance, then a rice-bag hot pad clenched between your legs... Get the picture LOL. I know, too much info! I still get them once in awhile. They are miserable, and flexeril doesn't help either.......Maggie
OMG - I've been getting these for the past 2 weeks! They are absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this got brought up!

SL
Yeah I have the spasms in the butt.  I liked the tingling and stuff that hits my "naughty area" sometimes.  Now that is one symptom I do NOT complain about to my Neuro.  That's the only part of MS that I have actually enjoyed.

I am SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather
I'm so glad you did bring it up.  I get numbness in butt and tingling ( and other places) . I'm not telling the doc. about this one .  

I use to get horrible bottom spams during intimate situations, thought it was me, dehydration or something ( old age   lol     ).

Jo
Girl, you are bad, ha/ha/ha. . .

I brought up these spasms to my Neuro the other day.  I told him that they were so bad, that I had to wait to move my leg to walk until it subsided enough to move, and that also I could not put down my weight to sit.  

Neuro said it was not a typical MS symptom.  So, what is there to do about this? What have you all done?  
I am also constipated.  And I'm going to lay this all out here.  It's as if it's there, but I can't push it out.  When I have been sucessful, the only thing I found to help, was to rock back and forth during . . .

This is not a great subject to chat about, but such a painful one. . .

Boundup - SL
I too, suffer from chronic constipation.  So this is what has finally helped me combat that.  First of all, I take two stool softner tablets a day.  Once in the morning, once at night.  This won't make you go, but makes the stool softer and retain moisture.

The next thing I did was increase the fiber in my diet and take a fiber suuplement that I can put in my coffee in the morning, which has no flavor.  Then there is the old stand-by that our grandmother's use to use.  Prune juice.  This is a great natural laxative.

While I still have occasional bouts of severe constipation, I can usually attribute it to, forgetting to take my fiber supplement or not comsuming enough liquid during the day to keep "everything moving."

Hope this method will keep YOU from being "Boundup."  It helped me tremendously.  To put it blunt, I gave birth to two kids already, I am not willing to TRY and give birth through my rear exit door...get my meaning?

Big ((((HUGS))))) SL

Heather
I have had this problem too and I know that what Heather says will probably work for most.  My body has some issues with fiber and anything that is supposed to make most people go.  I have recently starting taking Flaxseed oil caplets (can't remember why - but I heard they were good for you, LOL) and when it has been 3 days and I look like I am 6 months pregnant I take a teaspoon of sour cream.  I know that is whacked but I am a little lactose intolerant to some dairy items and that stuff makes me loose 3 pounds!  TMI, I know but it works for me.  Good luck in your endeavors, LOL!!

Hugs!
Kristin
LMAO  I am so glad you guys know exactly where I'm coming from. And I needed a good laugh this morning. hehe  thanks!

J Fizz

Haha!!!!!  This is a great topic!!!  I am not DX'd but I get the twitches in my private area!!  My boyfriend thought it was a great thing!  Haha!  
As for the constipation, I take a gentle colon cleanse plus lots of fruit and vegies.  It does help but not always.  
Thanks everyone for the laugh!  Especially J Fizz for bringing the butt spasms up!  
Syn
Thank you so much! I've been adding the fiber for awhile, but "it" is still not fully operational. . lol

I'm going to keep at it though, especially adding some vegs, something I slack off on in the Winter.  I do think it is a muscle issue since it does take some serious jirations (sp?) to get anything to free up!

Heather, you provided an outstanding clip of info to me re: the spinal lesions and the messages to the muscles, etc.  Thinking this would be a good post here!

Hopefully I'll be unbound SL soon. . .
LMAO!
I have had this happen also but I just thought it may have been the result of really good love making.

So it never entered my mind that this may be a wonderful symptom to chalk up to MS!

The only part I hate is when my bum gets numb. But its a small price to pay. lol

Thanks everyone I really needed the laugh!

Kathy
Hi Jazzy, my wife has just shown me this post, she was highly amused i thought it was great too, cheered us both up no end

soooooooooo funny nice one Jazz

David.
That's what I love about this forum and all of you.  No subject is beyond discussion....ha...ha..ha

I am undx, but have spasms in every area imaginable.  I have said before that with all the spasms that must mean our muscles are working, and I am surprised that we aren't all going around looking like body builders!!!!

Thanks for starting my day off with laughs, love to you all.

doni
Body Builders, huh?  As Arnold Swartzenegger said, "I'll be back."

The only thing bulging on me is....well maybe I better not push it and post what I was going to say...their are men on the forum...LOL

Heather  
Hehe  Glad you guys liked it. LOL OMg Heather you can't leave us hanging like that.

j Fizz
GLAD YA ALL HAVE THE GUTTS TO DISGUSS THIS.

I SUFFER FROM RIGHT SIDE HINEY NUMBNESS,THE PRIVATE AREA TWITCHES AND THE CONSTAPATION,THE ONLY THING THAT IS FREE MOVING ON ME IS MY BLADDER,WITH OUT THE WARNING.

FOR THE SPASMS IS A HAND FULL OF SPASMATIC MEDS,NEURONTIN FOR THE TWICHES AND NERVES,VEGIES AND YES PRUNES AND FRUIT FOR THE CONSTIPATATION,BUT THE BLADDER I JUST THINK A CORK WOULD BE HELPFUL

T-LYNN
WOW,
THIS IS GREAT, AS FOR ME, I HAVE NOT HAD ANY IN
MY BUTT, BUT BAD ONES IN MY BACK.
WHAT KIND OF MEDS ARE GOOD?
KITT
This gives new meaning to the phrase, "Shake yo booty!"
KITT,

MEDS I TAKE FOR SPASMS ARE BACLOFEN,VALIUM AND ZANAFLEX A COMBO,THEY CONTROL THEM.

QUIX,
YES THIS ALL PUTS A NEW MEANING TO SHAKE YOUR BOOTY

T-LYNN
Rock on with your Bad Self  !!!!!    Hehehehe

LOL I am cracking up here. I swear I thought I was the only one with the 'prickly' privates. LMAO  Man its great not to be alone!! HAAA

LOL ok seriously - the Zanaflex isn't doing c r a p for my twitching and jerking. They filled mine with the generic form of it.

Jazzy
I am not sure if I have MS but my butt is killing me, hurts all the time like I am sitting on a rock- pain gets so bad, what can I at home I do not have any health insurace and I have rubbed and sat on everthing you can think of to try and fix it
Best. Thread. EVER!!

You guys are awesome :-)

~Jess
Wow, I get the squeeeeeeze in my cheeks too!!!
And it does not help with the constipation!!!
Doesn't hurt too bad!!!

I grt them with the squeeze in my waist and it radiates down to my butt!!!

Not sure it's the hug or spazms???

Glad you are all enjoying yourselves!!! :)))))
Woops!!
LOL!!!
OMG! I dont think it could be good for me to laugh this hard, i'll spit out a lung if i dont stop. ROFL

Anyone been brave enough to ask your neuros about this one? I have them too btw, but little ones that dont seem to be giving me the same affect, lol i've been robbed!!

Cheers...........JJ
Sooo funny !!.... Im not dx but I just  started exp these  and thought oh God how am I gonna tell my Doc about this one lol .......This thread has really cheered me up :-)
Has anyone realized that the solution to all of these problems is here - buried in this thread?  Jazzy came up with it.  We need to LOAO (Laugh our A$$ES Off!).

Jazzy, we miss you!

Q