amantadine vs provigil
i was told today the VA no longer will Rx provigil for MS fatigue. have to have a sleep disorder and get it from pulmonary now.

they will, for MS patient fatigue Rx amantadine.

i have battled MS fatigue for years and recently decided to try something for it, so the VA is Rx amantadine vs provigil.

anyone on this list try amantadine for MS fatigue?

just checking with the experts here (actual suffers). i thought provigil was what i needed. just trying to figure out if my neuro has my best interest in mind or is this a VA/gov cost/ration issue.

I was just given ALATEC for the fatigue.  I don't know if that helps you or not.  I 'm new to the MS diagnosis, and have not tried anything else.  Maybe check into this one, it might be a good one for you.......

Hope you find relief soon,

be well,
Candy
hi i hope it pases  and you have more energy!!  i tried provigl and nuvigil they helped alot- but like you ins. does not want to pay, i have the other they want to put you on- it might help you.. but it doesnt me. so  i do without-  might ask about that other one alatec- i havent tried.  
hugs  tick  
I take provigil, it helps me alot. Have not taken anything else so I can't really tell you if it works. I Hopefully someone around here has heard of it or is taking it.

Here's to hoping the med works for you.

Paula
thanks all. they their cost protocol. if the amantadine doesn't help, they try something else and only as last resort will they Rx provigil, due to cost and health issues(heart depression,etc)