Multiple Sclerosis Community
ankle pain

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

ankle pain

My right ankle is driving me crazy!  It feels like I twisted it, but I didn't.  The pain is mostly in my ankle but also is in both heels and occasionaly goes up my right calve. Sometimes it goes away and than comes back, especially when I am laying down. Sometimes the muscle in my right calve feels tight and sore.  Does anyone know what this might be. Sometimes it is so bad I limp when I walk, but usually it feels better after I have been up moving awile. I don't think this sounds like an ms symptom, but I am not sure.
I am not a doctor. I do have bad tendonitis called plantar fascitis and it feel like that. It hits after I have been standing a lot. It feels like my ankles are breaking. It can go up my leg. I wear braces on my ankles when it is acting up. I freeze a small water bottle and roll it under my foot for ten minutes several times a day. I was told not to go barefoot even if I get up to go to the bathroom. They gave me steroid shots in the heel but they did not work in my case. It can take a while to get over.

Alex
I'm saying that this is what you have,  however  is sounds like  Achilles tendonitis,  I have that  in both R & L,   when you first get up it's painful and after the muscles are active it feels better but still hurts. I was told it's not related to my M.S.

I try to ice three times a day !!
Currently I have a walking boot for the next six weeks, If  you Google Achilles tendonitis you'll find some great exercises.
Thanks for the information. I will talk with my doctor about both of those conditions. It got so bad last night I felt like I had a cast on my leg. It felt numb, stiff, and achey (achy) all at the same time.  It feels much better this morning though.