Multiple Sclerosis Community
bladder problems ??

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

bladder problems ??

hi folks
am i right in thinking i have bladder problems????
i go to the tiolet 2 / 4 times during the night for a wee only to sometimes sit there waiting for it to come out even then sometimes get up as i think i have finished and before i get uot of the bathroom i have to go again and only dribbles lol.
i sit by the way as its easier than standing , dizzy and spasms,
and sometimes go freaqeuntly during the day some times having to push it out.
i also go to the toilet sometimes for what i think is a little wee and have such a big one and did not feel that full.or feel full and only small amounts come out
my neuro asked me when i saw him did i have any bladder issues and i told him yes but he did not ask the details?
any thought folks
regards bairdy
I think because you are male and in your 40's you should make sure its not a prostrate issue or uninary track infection. Sure its a common sx of MS but not everything is MS, dont put up with until you understand it or its so bad it cant be ignored. Make an appointment with your doctor!

Cheers........JJ
It sounds like a prostate issue to me...I suffer from some urinary hesitancy but not enough for me to be treated for it...I have several friends that have prostate issues but they suffer from urinary urgency....(always having to go but nothing to empty) Kind of like what you are describing...If if is effecting you and it is becoming a problem, you need to make an appointment and see your doctor...Even if you can live with it, you still should tell your doctor at your next visit...I'm finding out that telling your doctor as much information will benefit you more...In other words, even if you find it insignificant you need to let them know...I'm lucky and have excellent doctors....

Michael
I have/had bladder issues very much like yours. My PSA(?) blood test was neg and my doctor found no problems whatsoever with my prostrate. I am 55 years old, so the prostrate was the first place to look.

My neuro had prescribed me detrol LA. I went from getting up 6-8 times a night down to 1-2 times, sometimes 3. It took about 2 months for the meds to make a difference. It really helped with the urgency issue too.

This needs to be dealt with ASAP, especially if it's prostrate related.

Mike