calf pain
Hi everyone, I just came from ER because I have calf pain for about one week now.  It feels like a permanent cramp.  Anyway, it is not a blood clot and they could not figure what it is.  I had one attack of MS and I am waiting for results from my tests to get dx.  I heard this could take forever.  Anyway, does anyone else have this pain and find it hard to walk.  Please tell me.  I know deep down inside it is part of MS but I just want someone else to tell me they have the same symptoms.  Please let me know, thanks.
Is the pain on both calves or just one sided?  Craig has had calf pain for about eight months now and the doctors have said it is spasticity.  His calves feel very tight all the time and when he walks it is painful.

Elaine
I have been having the same type of pain for months now...but I'm not Dx yet and they don't know why??  

Still waiting for more test.  My left leg started with pain in my thigh...then cramping in my calf area...it happens everyday now and once in awhile I get it in my right leg...but mostly my left side is in pain.  

But I do get numbness on the right side of my face... Hang in there and good luck with the testing.. keep us updated on how things are going and how your are feeling...hope the pain has settled for you..

take care
andie
I had a bad cramp in my left calf for a couple of weeks.  Or rather, I had extreme soreness in my left calf.  Repeated stretching helped it, and eventually it went away.

Spastiticy has been described as a permanent cramp - the muscle is in constant tension, and will not relax.
Hi Maggie

I don't think we've met, I'm new here, and undx.  I can't believe I found you, I have been fighting calf pain for about 2 days now.  I have had trouble with this leg (left) for a while now, it is always tight and numb.  I have a permanent limp, because of weakness, the numbness and pain.  When I walk more than a block or two it incapacitates me. I now use a cane most of the time, because of repeated episodes of vertigo also.  I've been checked for clots in the past but my circulation is always good.  I do have a pinched nerve but some of these symptoms I was told are not from that. I also get burning, itching, tingling, buzzing or vibrating.  It almost feels like there is a tight band around my calf, and the pain is right now in the back of calf, but I also get shin pain. Right now it's so wierd, my calf is numb but I can feel it if it is touched on the outside. It seems to hurt more when I move it or try to walk on or stand.  When my leg is still there is a soarness.
The last post mentioned Spastiticy, and that description of the cramp sounds like what I am feeling.  Is this a MS symptom, because I will be seeing a neuro soon, and I will write this one down too?   Hope you feel better real soon maggie!  Sandie
Hi there
I'm undx as to what is causing my sx, but I do get that tight band or charlie horse feeling in my right calf. its lasts for 2 days to about a week. it hurts to stand, walk or lay down to sleep. usually I have lots of vertigo, tingling, pins/needles, numbness, off-balanced, dragging my right foot or my right eye is going nuts when the calf or weird/pain in my rib cage/shoulder start up.
I hope u feel better soon
hello i too am having this problem feels  as if the muscles have tightened up feels numb also hurts, also tremors and fasiculations i also am waiting to see a neuroligist
uk2

I suffered with this problem on and off all last yr spasm in my thighs,calfs and feet so painful i was told it was spascity i took muscle relaxers when it was very bad, this yr i have them from time to time hydro helps keep them at bay and gentle stretching not too much or it sets them off and massage i found helpful, the more i rested the worst they got yet if i did too much then they would be very bad too i also got burning and twitching muscles.

good luck.
I have been having the same pain for about 8 months now. Calves are tight, sometimes it prevents me from walking. the pain is so bad. I know have nerve pain in both feet and calves. Doctors till doing test with no answers. I am on Norotin 600 mg x3 daily for the nerve pain and it helps drastically. Muscle relaxers and my own personal one i tape 8 hour sports heating pads to my calves and that allows the muscles to relax enough so i can at least walk.
I have had calf pain for3 yrs every test possible done.  I do have fibro but your calves are not a spot for pain.

Any ideas?
I have had/am having fairly intense pain in my left calf. The first time that it happened it became so severe that walking was out of the question. I will find out if it is related to my M.S. when I have an MRI on the 28th of this month.
Hi, there, and Welcome.  You're responding to an old thread, and folks around here will most likely ignore it.  Won't you please start a new thread and tell us about yourself?

Cheers,
Lisa
my mother has the same its been over a week  my mother had the joint pain and than my mother's toe starts to twitch and now her calf starts to hurt " how does this pain happen?"
Yes, I think you know now that other people are in your boat too !!!   I just try and walk it off, or massage it, or take a Tramadol if it just won't go away....

I does seem to strike when you are relaxing, that is why is happens alot when people are in bed.

Hope this helps to know, you are not alone !!!

Welcome,
Candy